Does anyone care about Nali City anymore?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TheSomian

Freak
Dec 22, 2005
Germany
www.paythegame.net
IMO free stuff is actually super popular these days, and people expect everything to be free online, more than ever. The huge rise in open source software is an example of that.

The whole point of a community is that it is a free, and easily accessible by everyone.

Look at Fileplanet and similar. They want me to pay so I can download a free file faster. Am I going to pay then? Hell no, I just look for another download location that is fast AND free.

We would only lose members like that.

not everyone, actually, I prefer micro-payments for websites, if i don't ahve to watch ads etc. If there is a place where it's possible to donate, and take advantage of its services, i donate. it's that simple, because i ould expect other ppl to do so too.

the everything-must-be-free thins has a bad side: ppl are less willing to actually pay for things that do cost money, like commercial software or music and simply download it on bittorrent etc. They lose the sense for the worth.

The File Planet example: yes, i'm looking for another download location, because for example gamershell (or beyondunreal for unreal files :D) is cheaper. sometimes i would pay like 5 cent for a download to take 2 instead of 4 hours or something, but i don't want to pay a monthly fee.

any yes, if there would be a "donate" button in the beyondUnreal Fileworks, i would already have donated. If everybody would think like that, every service could be free in theory, so ppl who require it can take it for free, andppl who can pay are paying an adequate amount.

when i've been to south africa, i noticed, that there were bowls for the coins in many stores, where everybody was allowed to put coins, if he could spare, and take coins if he needed them. They were all filled to the rim!

but yes, in the internet most pl don't think like that and want the total Information/product overkill for absolutely nothing.

airmoron

Jan 22, 2008
""not everyone, actually, I prefer micro-payments for websites, if i don't ahve to watch ads etc. If there is a place where it's possible to donate, and take advantage of its services, i donate. it's that simple, because i ould expect other ppl to do so too.""

So how much ya gonna pay me for my maps? and everyone elses. hmm?

YOU ARE WRONG !!!

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Wouldn't people still able to upload maps and stuff since the FileWorks works perfectly, and create a thread in these forums?
Although NC simplified those things, that's for sure.

Jul 2, 2004
After the manteinance of two days ago, almost all the BU hosted websites redirect to the main page.
The BU bosses should fix it in a while.

Not like it matters for Nali City... I doubt anyone has even lifted a finger on creating a new Nali City code.

amisa

Mar 25, 2003
france
perso.wanadoo.fr
Hello ghosts !
It's a pitty. That's a good site and it died. From time to time, I'd a glance, remembering about the famous one who created such wonderfull maps. The interest of the community and the hard work that has been done would have deserved more attention from companies who wasted ther time on the only side of technologic purposes. There was a parallel way to provide interest about the serie and develop loyaltie on it :mad: