UT 2k3/2k4 RainbowSix mute would like some testers

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
chuckus said:
I'd like to have more movement restrictions like in R6. I know the INF community HATES movement restrictions for strafing but the hardocre slow strafe in R6 forced you to play slowly. I'd like to see that in the mute also.....

How much slower should the strafe speed be? 65% of the normal forward speed, maybe 40%? I found a nifty (and easy to use) native event call in the pawn code and was able to get the player speed slowed when strafing.

Also in the next TD2k4 release (planned in a week or two depending on school work), I have:
-added proper weapon damage types
-weapon icons
-actual prone to standing and standing to prone animations
-simplified controls
-working headshot code
-random fatal wound mutator (chance of fatalwound adjsutable via the mute)
-semi location based damage (legshots do less than torso, head shots almost always instanly fatal)
-the ability to adjust the spread of weapons through a mutator (added at the request of a german clan)
-position based recoil and spread (ie more accurate when crouched, not moving)
-INF 2.75 style weapon aiming option(altfire brings the weapon up and turns on the crosshair, pistols kind of like iron sights now)
-an M16M203 rifle grenade launcher combo
-better player skins for the camoflauge player models

I might also toss in the hummer and IFAV I have made (good for onslaught)

I will try to update the 2k3 version, bit it is on the back burner since not nearly as many people play it, and it was taking so much time to test and update both versions.

Last edited:

Dr.J

Staying Alive.
Nov 25, 2001
Hong Kong
www.alkdjflakdjfksj.com
hey man! glad to hear that youre still developing tango down :) . im quite happy with tango down as it is, but thats because i kinda take TD as a real weapons mutie for UT2k3/4 (i play tango down weapons only most of the time) :D i reckon 65% would be good, then see what people think. climbing was something i really really liked in rainbow six too and if we can have our man climbing obstacles instead of doing jumps, then youre my man :)

and another suggestion - the crosshaire is a little big.. if it can be made smaller (like how big it was in rainobw six) then itd be much appreciated :)

and if you still want animation help, im here. hell, i wouldnt mind giving tango down a total facelift :D

chuckus

Can't stop the bum rush.
Sep 23, 2001
Visit site
I think it's time I picked up 2k4 :)
Glad to hear you're still on it.. I'll give 65% a shot but a mutie like what you did for the weapon spread would be awesome for strafing :)
don't kill yourself customizing the game to everyones enjoyment though. Have fun with what your doing and I'm sure we'll all love it.

Dr.J

Staying Alive.
Nov 25, 2001
Hong Kong
www.alkdjflakdjfksj.com
ive just played the ut2k4 version - i stand corrected about the crosshaire size, since you can set that yourself in ut2k4. but the iron sights for the pistols is great :D ! love what youre doing there. great job man. this is getting more fun with every version :)

Dr.J

Staying Alive.
Nov 25, 2001
Hong Kong
www.alkdjflakdjfksj.com
i dont know if this has happened to anyone else, but in the new UT2k4 version of tango down, when i only have the guns enabled when you spawn youve got nothing - ie nothing to attack or defend yourself with. when i turn on grenades as well it gives me some grenades. but other than that no guns...

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
Dr.J said:
i dont know if this has happened to anyone else, but in the new UT2k4 version of tango down, when i only have the guns enabled when you spawn youve got nothing - ie nothing to attack or defend yourself with. when i turn on grenades as well it gives me some grenades. but other than that no guns...

oops... I forgot to add a default weapon back after I took away the USP. The default will be the Kabar, until I add the proper code to add a random sidearm.

BTW, the TD players can already climb up ledges. Also if anyone is interested in trying some vehicles I put together a little mute that adds a HMMWV and an IFAV to replace the scorpion and hellbender in onslaught and vctf. for the file go here to the TD Warfare vehicles section: http://students.washington.edu/mpeckabl/UTStuff/downloads/UT_Downloads.html

Dr.J

Staying Alive.
Nov 25, 2001
Hong Kong
www.alkdjflakdjfksj.com
youre on :) ! downloading now.

looks like ill have to leave weapons only for a little while then :p oh yeah, when you start with weapons only you dont get a kabar either - ive only seen the kabar with players turned on.

Last edited:

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
Dr.J said:
youre on :) ! downloading now.

looks like ill have to leave weapons only for a little while then :p oh yeah, when you start with weapons only you dont get a kabar either - ive only seen the kabar with players turned on.

Sorry, i meant in the next version (I am tirelessly working away on now! :). Anyhow, to balance out the vehicles (since TD does not have any fancy anti vehicle weapons yet) I will probably be adding an AT4 (literally working on right now) and maybe some anti vehicle mines (the type to take out vehicles with a single blast). Some of these might show up in TD Warfare instead though. Currently the remote mines and the frag grenades will toast most of the ground vehicles reasonably quickly, still have not found a good way of taking out the damn mantas though.... just gonna have to replace them with a motorcycle or something.... either way unless a map is really carefully laid out, vehicles kill infantry combat. Any map that is large enough to warrant the use of vehicles is usually too large for infantry to get around at all (or lack substantial cover for infantry to use).

Corporal_Lib [BR]

Brazilian Graphic Designer & Gun Nut {=)
still have not found a good way of taking out the damn mantas though.... just gonna have to replace them with a motorcycle or something....
What about transforming the Mantas in Helicopters? A gyrocopter perhaps (that small rotorcraft, or a small chopper, like MD500 defender, is small enough...)?

Meowcat, you TDmod for Ut2K4 really rox, I´m playing it since v118, and all your improvements makes my grimm smile grows on and on... and, as the fact that the pistols have an "kindof" iron sight aiming right now, i´ve wondered if...
Well, I know ths wasn´t your intention (its a R6 adaptation after all), but could you enable an option of a iron sights for the big guns as well? I know I´m not the only one asking you this... :lol:
Then we (players) could choose between a fixed crosshair, INF 2.75 style or... INF 2.9 STYLE, how about? ;)

At least, you could bring back that TDv118 crosshair w/ weapon sway, it was a little thickier, but if it was thinner, would be sweet... I liked that look, and really reminds PSX R6... :D

Thanks a lot for your attention and keep up the really nice work!!! TD rulez!

[P.S.: How can I use "Fag Ops" or SAS maps w TD? If I copy those maps on UT2K4 Map folder, can I select then through UT2K4 TDM interface? Once I´ve caused a "crossover" between MJ12 w/ TD pistols, heheh... bizarre... :eek:

Corporal_Lib [BR]

Quote: Meowcat
... still have not found a good way of taking out the damn mantas though.... just gonna have to replace them with a motorcycle or something....
What about transforming the Mantas in Helicopters? A gyrocopter perhaps (that small rotorcraft, or a small chopper, like MD500 defender, is small enough...)?
Ohhh, I forgot to suggest a Stinger shoulder mounted SAM to take down airborne threats... AT4 for terrain vehicles will also be sweeeety! {=)

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
Corporal_Lib [BR] said:
What happened to Meowcat??? No more post... the TD wasn´t updated since early october... is he alive? {=(

Class projects happened ;) (MIPS verilog CPU model, Cadence logic gate layouts, embedded programming woohoo) . This is (hopefully) my final year at the UW. I should be able to update TD in three weeks after final projects are turned in etc. Got the Robar in (no where near as nice as the INF one though, can't shoot through anything yet), AT4, HK69 (bots actually use this reasonably well), and M60 MMG (bots + m60 = lots of death). I think I may have posted the newer version, but I am not sure. gonna be a few more weeks till I have time though...

Corporal_Lib [BR]

Nhammy, nice "new stuff" list, Meowcat!!! I hope my suggestions (posts above) had some use for your plans and issues...{;-)
I´m looking forward this new update, but take your time, have good grades in your final tests and then "do your art"!
Me, and all your other fans wish you good luck and a nice diploma! {=)
(and counting days for the TD update, heheh)

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
Looks like it is going to be a while until I can do a large update to TD. I just uploaded version 136, it can be found by clicking on my sig and goind to the downloads page. It includes the RC50, HK69, and M60 machine gun (and AT4 although it must be summoned to be used atm with the command "summon eckgun2k4.at4pickup"). Only two more weeks till finals are over...

Corporal_Lib [BR]

Somebody Copycatted Meowcat´s UT2K4 TD!!!

Man, I didn´t wanted to make such a lame rhyme, but somebody copycat your mutator Meowcat!
They mixed your concept with Spinter cell (???), the camos are different, but the weapons look alike, it all feels like a stolen code for a smart ass modder... he claims that such mutator was written in 3 weeks...
See for yourself (Yet Another Realism Mutator, aka YARM), dl it from Amped (ex-FPS central) and make your judgement... it´s not the first case of modling stealing.... :eek:
BTW, how´s your next release going??? looking forward it a lot! ;)

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
Corporal_Lib [BR] said:
Man, I didn´t wanted to make such a lame rhyme, but somebody copycat your mutator Meowcat!
They mixed your concept with Spinter cell (???), the camos are different, but the weapons look alike, it all feels like a stolen code for a smart ass modder... he claims that such mutator was written in 3 weeks...
See for yourself (Yet Another Realism Mutator, aka YARM), dl it from Amped (ex-FPS central) and make your judgement... it´s not the first case of modling stealing.... :eek:
BTW, how´s your next release going??? looking forward it a lot! ;)

Yeah, I put that new one together in about three weeks (During my holiday break). I wanted to make a class based mod with less realism to allow for somewhat fictional equipment and less stealthy gameplay. I used four of my weapons from Tango Down (Kabar, HK69, SmokeNades and Mines, and the G36), and most of the player anims. I made all of the YARM Player models and skins, all new weapon anims, about 4 new weapons, and a bunch of code optimizations. I will be implementing some of the code optimizations I made for YARM in TD for a patch later. As far as new content for TD, I will have a code patch, and maybe a few more camos, but that will probably be it.

Last edited:

Corporal_Lib [BR]

Pfffiiiuuu, gosh, I though it was a copycat... Fortunatly it´s your own work! So, what´s going to be transfered from YARM to TD? The melee attack w/ buttstock? The Thermal and Motion Visions? SplinTer Cell Moves? tactical light and others acessories for the TD guns? ooohhh, I hoped you would enable a Iron Sights view in the next release (the guns are nicely modelled, even in low poly, it could be possible to use their iron sights...) like a unofficial INF 2.9 for UT2K4!