OFUY...you wanted to know...

• Thread starter [FiS]Prophetus|PUF
  • Start date
  • Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
F

[FiS]Prophetus|PUF

...where I learned about theology and spritual history. I studied old Hebrew, Egyptian, Greek and Aramic (not Arabic) language and history. I was sent to a Christian Academy during my high school years and attended Evangel College in Springfield, Missouri. I also studied Eastern philosophies (mainly due to my mother forcing me to study the art of Jeet Kung Do, Akido, Ninjitsu and Tai Kwan Do, none of which I mastered /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif). I'm currently involved in Buddist martial arts, the Art of War and Confucism. I love history and how current races and governments were shaped by our predecessors. I read the whole Bible, but more for historical reasons and not religious. Contrary to how some people believe, the Bible is a gold mine of historical, pychological, medical and socialogical information. I quit college for monetary reasons and joined the U.S. Air Force. It is in the military that I was able to apply my knowledge. "Knowledge is useless, without application". Well, there you have it...

UpYours

Nov 24, 1999
katy, tx
Visit site
Kewl..
And you are right about the historical significance of the Bible. I found it to be be a very interesting book from that snagle alone.
I was wondering where you got your perspective as it was dead on...no surprise to find you have studied the Conei original..although there were several versions of Greek in the New Testament..most of it was Conei.

F

[FiS]Prophetus|PUF

Once one has studied or become severely familiar with all philosophies, it becomes easier to see the "whole picture". Also, many don't read the Bible for historical reasons, but rather for religious enhancement. When someone studies without an open mind, then they really don't learn. Religion has caused most people to close their minds and filter out the truth or the obvious. Mine and your perspectives are not unique...there are millions who know the truth and secrets of the past. Unless the question is first brought out, then we will instruct. Alas, it is human nature to believe through evidence...not words.

You are right about the different dialects of Greek during the apostolitic period. Greek (Conei), was required for the success of trade. Yes, the Romans were the conquerors; however, Latin was considered a superior language reserved for the elite. Therefore the New Testament was written in Conei so that everyone in the "Known" world could read and here the good news (Gospel). After Constatine converted, the books were translated into Latin. With the translation, many meanings were distorted or lost. An example would be the word "Love". In Greek, there is Eros, Agape and I believe Hectos (been too long, correct me if I'm wrong). Each meant "Love" but Eros=sexual love, Agape=brotherly or family love and Hectos=a love toward an object or pet. When we read that Jesus loved Peter...the original would state that "Jesus felt brotherly love(Agape) toward Peter". To understand the past one must understand the original scripts. Whether this was Greek, Latin, Egyptian, Chinese or even English.

"If you open your mind to the past, then you will understand the future..."