Unreal Championship 2 - 360 Widescreen

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mang Nux

Sep 14, 2010
Unreal Championship 2 runs on the 360, but it doesn't fill a 16:9 screen (black pillarboxing). And it's not running at 4:3 either - it's somewhere between 16:9 and 4:3. The HUD elements are definitely stretched, but the actual in-game (3D) environment looks normal. What is going on?

I once saw a thread where someone said that setting the 360 to 1080i made widescreen work normally, but this isn't true. The width of the screen does change marginally when certain resolutions below 1080p are selected, but there is always pillarboxing.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
I can't remember if UC:2 had any video options for this but I doubt out. If it did then try changing those. Failing that, although I bet you've already done all this, fiddle around with the video settings on the console. If both of those options don't work then it sounds like you're screwed.

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
UC2 was for the original Xbox so the best you're probably going to get is 480p. It should say on the back of the box "480p" next to Xbox Live if I remember correctly.

Pretty darn sure there's nothing you can to do to get the actual resolution to a widescreen resolution. Playing it on 360 emulation just upscales resolution and adds antialiasing on some titles. The best you could do is if you have a "stretch" feature on your HDTV.