ONS-Dria

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NATO_chrisjm

Jan 31, 2004
Aberystwyth
tac.tauniverse.com
Would you play a verson of that map that has been re-made to be more technological. For example high use of the mech packs (Used in ONS_Dawn). It would also be more warm. Still ice up river, but the textures on the terain would be slighly greener.

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
If you're going to remix a map, don't just change the visuals a little bit. That's pointless. It gives people no real reason to play it. I like ONS-Dria fine the way it is, anyhow. :)

Rev.Whoopass

Sperm Bot
Aug 5, 2000
Connecticut
Visit site
Dria IMnsHO is the best map out there.It is the epitomy of what ONS is all about.Large size,alot of nodes,plenty of vehicles (and thank god no Levi).

Small spam ONS maps are fun (to a certain point) but then lose their luster.I would like to see more maps like Dria.And there is no reason to change anything about it.I have a very high end system,and still run everything at normal.I honestly dont care what a map looks like,I only care what a map plays like.

Raistlyn

Apr 16, 2004
Yeah Dria is my favorite. Then I like the small chaotic maps Haphazard and Stranglehold.

Slartoff

Death delights me. Slartoff!
Nov 1, 2003
NH
Dria... I don't know. It reminds me too much of the dismal BF1942 levels ;)
That and I don't care for the music of the map.
My favorite onslaught maps that shipped with the game are Severance and Primeval.

NATO_chrisjm

Jan 31, 2004
Aberystwyth
tac.tauniverse.com
well I had a go last night. fiddeling with some of the SM's. The middle tower from ONS-Torren works really well as the centeral towers.

Also If I can get max to work I will replace the iced up part with watter(including shallow parts for crossing) possibly.

mortus\pyro

Jan 8, 2004
Dria is an awful map imo, far to large, action is sporadic and it's badly balanced. It's not played competitively at all :/

AMmayhem

Mayhem is everywhere
Nov 3, 2001
NaliCity, MI
Visit site
UT2004 already has enough tech themed maps. Lets see some ancient Nali themed ones. Or ones set on Na Pali. Lets see those steep cliffs and canyons from Na Pali in U1.

killfooler

Mar 18, 2004
AMmayhem said:
UT2004 already has enough tech themed maps. Lets see some ancient Nali themed ones. Or ones set on Na Pali. Lets see those steep cliffs and canyons from Na Pali in U1.

That would COMPLETELY rock! I would love a map reminicent of the the moment you first step off the ship in Unreal 1. I'd also like to see nodes that require you to go on foot in order to reach, like hidden in caves Waaaaaay down in the canyon below and what not. Not sure how that would play out, but it would definitely change the "feel" of typical Onslaught maps. I would like to see a map that require players to "slow down" a bit, and incorporate a *very slight* sense of stealth (IE infiltrating an enemy camp, etc.) in order to get a shot in at the node. (keeping redeemers at each underground node.)

That may sound stupid, but... I'd like to see it nonetheless.

ShadowFox

Feb 14, 2004
captainrad said:
correction! it doesnt run slow, your computer does ^_^

Touche. Actually Dria runs fine, so I was being somewhat facetious, but I suspect it wouldn't with a ton of SMs loaded on it.

chrisjm.. you should make some maps for UA. The maps will probably determine whether or not the TA community plays it.