Mac Unreal files

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I finally was able to get Mac Unreal files (because people ignored by requests I decided to do it myself)....I had to use custom program to be able to read it. I knew there were additional music files, but not only that, there are textures as well and some new uax file called naliho. Only they seem to be saved under pre release version of Unreal so only release versions could read them I suppose.
I am browsing the textures. There is SkyT.utx which have far more skyisland textures and more backgrounds as well. Night and Day ones!
Proof:
sc4hm.jpg

The naliho.uax seems to be easter egg and its date is that before Unreal was released, so the guys must have brought it from beta for some reason. They are under "craz" cathegory and there are only three sounds, which two of them are about titties and then there is this one which I am attaching. Really crazy stuff, I bet Cliff Bleszinski was behind this or something.

Attachments

• whazzup.WAV
    12.9 KB · Views: 24

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
http://www.esnips.com/doc/e2e7857d-14e2-4eb2-b811-fe6f25b2abd8/MacUnreal_files

Link for download the files. Some files can be read by beta etc. There is one file queen.umx which is different version of queen song, I was not able to extract this one yet because I don't have installed Unreal 200, which I guess it will work with. But here are the files in original form. I couldn't get mac.u from it because I don't have installed the game.

Diehard

I finally was able to get Mac Unreal files (because people ignored by requests I decided to do it myself)....I had to use custom program to be able to read it.

Yeah i am aware of that, but as it was i simply was too ill to be able to do anything. And after that, the guy simply moved out of sight. Only very recently the husband of my sister did buy a MAC, and i already made plans to have him burn a new Windows compatible disk based upon the MAC files.

But i am glad you were able to get them now. And when time allowes me i still have my inlaw burn the disk, to see whats new and what not.

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
I'm uploading the files now. Now after CAREFUL expertise I scrapped the following:

Blufffx.utx - identical by CRC to stock Unreal file. To ensure that, I replaced the file and ran 224. Worked ingame.
chizraefx.utx - identical by CRC to stock Unreal file. To ensure that, I replaced the file and ran 224. Worked ingame.
Foundry1.umx - identical to RTNP's Foundry.umx, I played both tracks, not a bit of difference.
MenuGr.utx - identical by CRC to stock Unreal file. To ensure that, I replaced the file and ran 224. Worked ingame.
TCrystal.utx - identical by CRC to stock Unreal file. To ensure that, I replaced the file and ran 224. Worked ingame.
Terranius.utx - identical by CRC to stock Unreal file. To ensure that, I replaced the file and ran 224. Worked ingame.

The rest (43 files) is now being uploaded.

ED: Besides, the music is also ALL from the betas, all (except Sole.umx and Queen.umx) are in the beta that leaked.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I'm uploading the files now. Now after CAREFUL expertise I scrapped the following:

Blufffx.utx - identical by CRC to stock Unreal file. To ensure that, I replaced the file and ran 224. Worked ingame.
chizraefx.utx - identical by CRC to stock Unreal file. To ensure that, I replaced the file and ran 224. Worked ingame.
Foundry1.umx - identical to RTNP's Foundry.umx, I played both tracks, not a bit of difference.
MenuGr.utx - identical by CRC to stock Unreal file. To ensure that, I replaced the file and ran 224. Worked ingame.
TCrystal.utx - identical by CRC to stock Unreal file. To ensure that, I replaced the file and ran 224. Worked ingame.
Terranius.utx - identical by CRC to stock Unreal file. To ensure that, I replaced the file and ran 224. Worked ingame.

The rest (43 files) is now being uploaded.

ED: Besides, the music is also ALL from the betas, all (except Sole.umx and Queen.umx) are in the beta that leaked.

No, the hub3 4 etc have dates from early March 1998, they are not all from the leaked beta. Anyway you can just resave these files in 200 Unreal. It will work from that point on in all versions. Should work, only the files which were saved prior to that version will not run.

Oh and DieHard I was not referring to you at all, but to other guy who was supposed to upload the files long ago.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
@leo:

In cases like this I would even prefer fileplanet...

Don't click on the download button, that one is for videos. You can download it normally through the forcedl script without anything of that.
Instead click on Download MacUnreal_files.rar
The link under this one is
http://www.esnips.com/nsdoc/e2e7857d-14e2-4eb2-b811-fe6f25b2abd8/?action=forceDL

Anyway nice work at converting them.....although if they were used or something I prefer queen.umx to be renamed, it will cause online conflicts with queen.utx, hence why they changed name of the song later on.

Last edited:

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
Exactly... We will have to browse through the music files and toss out the ones that repeat. After that I will reupload the package.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Except that Queen.umx was from the March 1998 beta. And why tossing them out? There's no need of that actually, anyone can take what he needs from it. There are always some byte differences and stuff. Actually the last songsection has a slightly different volume and stuff(or maybe not). It is not exactly same, but the song is, whatever anyway.

Last edited:

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
Ok, so it's different. But files identical to their U1/RNP counterparts should be scrapped as no one will use them, they are just a waste of space. Careful examination will rule these out.

GF-REX

Jan 31, 2008
Kansas, USA
www.unrealrex.com
Sweet find. I really love Magnus.umx! I love Unreal music, so thats what I went right into.

I may be wrong, but heres what I've come up with regarding what umx files are new to me:

(Note that I only have Unreal and no mission packs.)

Cyrene
Inoxx
Magnus
Orch3
Orchtest
SkyCity
Sole
Soledad1
StarOne
Suspense
UnrCirc
Undrwrld
Unrealt

It seems to me that a lot of the songs are old ones renamed, or single tracks taken out of existing songs.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Btw you imported some textures in SkyT as masked by default (when you put them on any surface it will be masked no matter what and it can be hardly selected), they were not masked by default, they had black borders. Try unchecking them so it is like original?

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
I did not import anything. Or export by that matter. All I did was resave the file. That changed the header of the file, but nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.