What's your desk look like?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DexterII

Overworked
Mar 22, 2001
Laboratory
www.ImAHosting.com
Here's an old picture, before I got my new mouse. I took this in like January, but the layout is the same.

BTW - I was an idiot and took the picture with the macro lense on so thats why it's crappy quality.

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
Originally posted by _Zd_3s_
I have my case on the rotating shelf at the bottom. :) The only thing that sucks (besides the name ;)), is the fact that I sometimes hit the metal shelf that's in front of your knees... :hmm:

I've got the extra swivel shelf, but I haven't installed it yet.
I sometimes accidentally hit the metal bar with my feet, it's fixed with weird bolts that didn't seem to quite go in properly :con: ... but I've balanced the power extension lead on it, and the end of my ethernet cable, so they're off the floor.
It's really nice having all the wires out of the way at the back & the monitor at eye level :)

Uri19

Jul 12, 2001
"The World"
Originally posted by beerbaron
Just use a couple of single wicks :)
[speaking to self]That is not an euphemism. he is literally speaking. That is not an euphemism. he is literally speaking. That is not an euphemism. he is literally speaking. That is not an euphemism. he is literally speaking...[/speaking to self]

DexterII

Overworked
Mar 22, 2001
Laboratory
www.ImAHosting.com
Dexter, I advise you to get rid of that multi-wick candle. Numerous times I've had those things flare up in a bad way, quite dangerous. Just use a couple of single wicks :)

Thx for the warning, I've had it melt before while I was playing UT and I heard a dripping sound, seconds later I feel something really hot on my hand, thats what made me get the new mouse, plus the fact I wanted a Lazer Mouse :D

phil

OH GOD
Jan 3, 2000
Dexter, I advise you to get rid of that multi-wick candle. Numerous times I've had those things flare up in a bad way, quite dangerous. Just use a couple of single wicks :)

A friend of mine burned out his room, the damn thing turned into a molten candel of death spewing fire everywhere. :\

eraser

I'm your brain on drugs.
Dec 13, 1999
In a town foo!
Visit site
dang beerbaron! that's sweet sh!t you got there! all i have is a cordless keyboard athlon 700 altec lansing speakers (surround sound actually quite awesome!) microsoft steering wheel and pedals, and a special addition max payne mouse pad. :D oh ya and a monitor. and a saitek cyborg 3d digital joystick. AND A MOUSE!

Da RicK

Stubid newpie
Apr 26, 2001
Next to Santa
i couldn't resist

FishBowl.jpg

D66

Grey Pilgrim
Feb 2, 2000
Gondolin
Visit site
Well This is where I spend my Work day. My Home setup and Inside-the-case shots are to come later.

Anyway. We get enough latitude with what we do to our systems that I have come to consider these machines as my own...
Heck. on my first day I was just handed a pile of parts and told "Here's your Computer" I guess it's a really a good way to make sure the new hire didn't BS his interview. Also, Anything Lying around is open to "Realestate" As long is it dosent leave the building.
I Also Have a Door with a Lock as My Office doubles as a Config LAB. So I get alot of freedom with what I do with my desk as well.
Department LAN Matches are on Wednsday
One on one is...whenever

I Have a Techie's dream job.

The AMD700 Runs Mandrake and is Called "Moria"
The AMD 1100 Runs XP and is called "Isengard"

Views of "Rivendell" and the "Barad-Dur" who reside in my home are to come

Last edited: