OK, heres a new one (help plz)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
F

[FiS]Prophetus|PUF

I'm not on my computer (work comp with NT) right now so bear with me. Try this:

First Defrag every partition. Don't run any programs when it finishes.

Goto Virtual memory and unclick "Let window mangage...". Click on manually (not sure if it says that, but you know what I mean) configure virtual memory. A message will pop up saying don't do this...microsoft frowns...blah...blah. Set the virtual memory to a partition other than the one you are using now (if you have it set to use C: drive, then set to D: drive, or whatever partition letter you use). Use 2.5 times the amount of ram installed in your comp. In your case, you have 128 megs. So, type in 320 megs. Defrag the old drive virtual memory was using (not the one you just set it to). After it finishes, goto virtual mem. again and reset it to the C: drive with 320 megs. Now, virtual mem is totally defragged and clean.

What happens is when you defrag your drives, VM is left untouched. Normally, programs will be erased from VM, but not all the time. Windows will use alot of megs for VM. This causes the VM to be fragged too much and sometimes a "not enough mem availble message appears". The best thing to do is create another partition(example, H: drive) of 320 to 500 megs. Make it your VM drive. Then instead of just defragging the drive, like above, you can reformat the drive totally cleaning the VM. But, do the same steps as mentioned above for reformat. This helped me and UT runs great.

jgold

Feb 26, 2000
Visit site
300 Celeron (not overclocked)
128 megs ram
Viper V550
MX300
10 gig Deskstar
US Robotics 56k modem

OK, here it is... I installed Unreal Tournament and the latest patch, and no matter what I do, anywhere from the game menu to the 3rd game I play, offline or online, I recieve a message saying that UT ran out of memory and I need to clear up some HD space on my primary drive. The thing is, all my partitions have at least 1 gig free space, (windows is managing my swap file). I unistalled UT, defragged all the drives, (yes, I defrag regularly). I then reinstalled UT and then tried playing without the patch, and same thing. I spent 2 hours today trying to get through to tech support but the line was always busy. So if anyone has ANY ideas, please feel free, before the UT cd turns into a chewtoy for my dog. Thanks

Homer

Nov 26, 1999
Hannover, Germany
www.bluestuff.de
Hi!

If you don't want to use another partition and don't mind a windows restart disable the VM before defragging... that's what I alsway do and it works great. When you are done set your VM to a fixed amount like stated above to about twice your ram. That should do it

cya, Homie