Mapvote to vote for Maps and Mutators

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Questwizard

Nov 13, 2004
I use a lot of custom game types. Is there any way you could possibly add support for up to 32 gametypes? Or if you don't want to do it, I could add that if I had the source code.

You're really gonna need to come up with a fix for the problem with a custom gametype using a prefix such as dm. Over half the gametypes i have use dm. When i use prefix swapping, i get an error saying that the file could not be found, whenever a map using the swapped prefix is voted for.

Last edited:

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
32 gametypes ? That's a huge number. What if some gametypes conflict between each other ? I tried putting Corpsemania and UTHarvester during Halloween and the latter didn't seem properly with this setup.

Anyway, Bonehed316 has said that he will gladly send the source code to anyone who want's to modify the mod.

P.S: Concerning the problem I posted about, it may be due to the fact that the server is trying to spawn bots that have skins and models that are no longer available. I'll confirm this later.

Questwizard

Nov 13, 2004
Here they all are: (Gametype name-Prefix, not including the default UT gametypes) (D)=Don't Work, with or without swapping, or not tested.
  • Carry The Flag-CTF (D)
  • Dominate-DOM (D)
  • DominateDM-DM (D)
  • Dominator-DM/DOM (D)
  • Excessive-DM (D)
  • Excessive-TDM (D)
  • Excessive-CTF (D)
  • Excessive-DOM (D)
  • Excessive-AS (D)
  • Excessive-LMS (D)
  • Fox and Hounds-DM (D)
  • LazerGIB-DM (D)
  • MonsterHunt-MH
  • MonsterArena-MA
  • RocketArena-RA (D)(Probably my own fault)
  • RA,AllMaps-Any Prefix (D)
  • Samurai-DM (D)
  • Samurai-TDM (D)
  • Samurai-CTF (D)
  • Samurai-LMS (D)
  • Samurai-AS (D)
  • Samurai-DOM (D)
  • USpace-USpace (D)
  • AirFightUT Squadron Dogfight-DM-AF (D)
  • AirFightUT Last Plane Flying-DM-AF (D)
  • AriFightUT FFA-DM-AF (D)
  • MonsterMadness-DM (D)
Would any of these conflict with each other if prefix swapping that actually worked correctly was used?
(maybe i could modify the mods for those gametypes to use different prefixes, but then i'd be wasting tons of hd space because there would be like 9 copies of some maps... Also, they would no longer work with online play, because i'd get a version mismatch error.

Last edited:

LittleHorn

Jul 9, 2004
multiple mapvotes

i wish to setup 2 or 3 LAN servers for the players in my village, plus a clan server for myself and a few public internet servers. each will have to use different mapvote inis so that they can be different servers - ie LAN team games, LAN ffa, and LAN BT, Clan server, Public Team games, Public ffa and Public BT. Each mapvote ini (for each server) will have certain gametypes enabled or disabled if you see what im getting at. so i need multiple instances somehow...

http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8929&goto=newpost

seeing as you are making a few minor changes - would it be possible for you to solve my problem? this being making each mapvote on seperate servers use different inis ie x3dfxmapvote.ini x3dfxmapvote1.ini x3dfxmapvote2.ini

or if you could just rename mapvote ie x3dfxmapvote24c1 x3dfxmapvote24c2 x3dfxmapvote24c3 etc each set to use corresponding mapvote inis?

i suppose renaming is a simple task but i dont know how to code lol. is there anything you, or anyone else here, can do to help my problem?

Bonehed316

Oct 15, 2001
Florida
Visit site
I cant really go and make 200 versions of mapvote (renaming it is actually quite a pain in the butt). Also, the ini file is configured in the first line of the mutator, so its not really possible to allow it to be changed.

What you should probably do is copy your system folder (rename it to system2, etc) and change the Paths= lines in the UnrealTournament.ini so that it shows Paths=System2/*.u instead of Paths=System/*.u

Then you can have multiple versions of UT running one one machine, sharing the same textures, meshes, etc. I do this to test code on multiple versions of the game (I have a 432, a 436, 451, and 451b version. Then just run a server from each System folder, each will then have its own ini, and own mapvote.

[30+]**Skorpion**

Dec 3, 2004
Help

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

can you help me i can´t speak and read english
i come from germany i have a problem.
I have x3dfxMapVotev24c.x3dfxMapVote and it is going.
i make server and start (start new multiplayer game) TDM and in MAP´s all TDM-Maps is going. after the game i can vote. me button are going with mutators.Than i like play CTF to vote the problem is in the MAP list are TDM-Maps and no CTL-Maps.
Wath can i make? I like all DM , TDM and CTL-Maps in the List of vote and i dont no wath i must make?

this is my x3dfxMapVote.ini
[x3dfxMapVotev24c.x3dfxMapVote]
bEnableAll=True
bDisableAll=False
bAllowButton1=True
bAllowButton2=True
bAllowButton3=True
bAllowButton4=True
bAllowButton5=True
bAllowButton6=True
bAllowButton7=True
bAllowButton8=True
ButtonName1=Sniper,Relics
ButtonName2=InstaGib,Relics
ButtonName3=CTF,Sniper
ButtonName4=BUTTON4
ButtonName5=BUTTON5
ButtonName6=BUTTON6
ButtonName7=BUTTON7
ButtonName8=BUTTON8
CustomGameType1=BotPack.TeamGamePlus
CustomGameType2=Botpack.CTFGame
CustomGameType3=
CustomGameType4=
CustomGameTitle1=CustomGameType1
CustomGameTitle2=CustomGameType2
CustomGameTitle3=CustomGameType3
CustomGameTitle4=CustomGameType4
CustomMapPrefixOverride1=
CustomMapPrefixOverride2=
CustomMapPrefixOverride3=
CustomMapPrefixOverride4=
CustomMapPrefixSwap1=
CustomMapPrefixSwap2=
CustomMapPrefixSwap3=
CustomMapPrefixSwap4=
b20SecOpenVoteWindow=True
bShowVoterNames=True
bSortWithPreFix=True
VoteTimeLimit=100
KickPercent=51
bUseMapList=False
ScoreBoardDelay=10
bAutoOpen=True
bKickVote=True
bCheckOtherGameTie=False
RepeatLimit=0
MapVoteHistoryType=x3dfxMapVotev24c.MapVoteHistory1
ServerInfoURL=
MapInfoURL=
MidGameVotePercent=50
Mode=Majority
MinMapCount=2
HasStartWindow=Auto
bEntryWindows=False
bDebugMode=False
CurGameMode=1
DMGameType=BotPack.DeathMatchPlus
LMSGameType=BotPack.LastManStanding
TDMGameType=BotPack.TeamGamePlus
DOMGameType=BotPack.Domination
CTFGameType=BotPack.CTFGame
ASGameType=BotPack.Assault
bAutoDetect=True
bDM=False
bLMS=False
bTDM=True
bDOM=False
bCTF=False
bAS=False
bCGT1=False
bCGT2=False
bCGT3=False
bCGT4=False
bOther=False
OtherClass=
MapPreFixOverRide=
PreFixSwap=
MinPlayersForTeamGames=0
; for ExtraMutators=, which is for ALL buttons.
ExtraMutators=
ExtraMutators1=BotPack.TeamGamePlus,Relics.RelicDefense,Relics.RelicRedemption,Relics.RelicRegen,Rel ics.RelicSpeed,Relics.RelicStrength,Relics.RelicDeath,RelicsPatch.RelicsHUDPatch,x3dfxMapVotev24c.x3 dfxMapVote,Sniper-Trans.RifleTransArena
ExtraMutators2=BotPack.TeamGamePlus,Relics.RelicDefense,Relics.RelicRedemption,Relics.RelicRegen,Rel ics.RelicSpeed,Relics.RelicStrength,Relics.RelicDeath,RelicsPatch.RelicsHUDPatch,BotPack.InstaGibDM, x3dfxMapVotev24c.x3dfxMapVote
ExtraMutators3=Botpack.CTFGame,Relics.RelicDefense,Relics.RelicRedemption,Relics.RelicRegen,Relics.R elicSpeed,Relics.RelicStrength,Relics.RelicDeath,RelicsPatch.RelicsHUDPatch,x3dfxMapVotev24c.x3dfxMa pVote,Sniper-Trans.RifleTransArena
ExtraMutators4=
ExtraMutators5=
ExtraMutators6=
ExtraMutators7=
ExtraMutators8=
MsgTimeOut=10
bLoadScreenShot=True
AccName[0]=
AccName[1]=
AccName[2]=
AccName[3]=
AccName[4]=
AccName[5]=
AccName[6]=
AccName[7]=
AccName[8]=
AccName[9]=
AccName[10]=
AccName[11]=
AccName[12]=
AccName[13]=
AccName[14]=
AccName[15]=
AccName[16]=
AccName[17]=
AccName[18]=
AccName[19]=
AccName[20]=
AccName[21]=
AccName[22]=
AccName[23]=
AccName[24]=
AccName[25]=
AccName[26]=
AccName[27]=
AccName[28]=
AccName[29]=
AccName[30]=
AccName[31]=
AccVotes[0]=0
AccVotes[1]=0
AccVotes[2]=0
AccVotes[3]=0
AccVotes[4]=0
AccVotes[5]=0
AccVotes[6]=0
AccVotes[7]=0
AccVotes[8]=0
AccVotes[9]=0
AccVotes[10]=0
AccVotes[11]=0
AccVotes[12]=0
AccVotes[13]=0
AccVotes[14]=0
AccVotes[15]=0
AccVotes[16]=0
AccVotes[17]=0
AccVotes[18]=0
AccVotes[19]=0
AccVotes[20]=0
AccVotes[21]=0
AccVotes[22]=0
AccVotes[23]=0
AccVotes[24]=0
AccVotes[25]=0
AccVotes[26]=0
AccVotes[27]=0
AccVotes[28]=0
AccVotes[29]=0
AccVotes[30]=0
AccVotes[31]=0
AccModeVotes[0]=0
AccModeVotes[1]=0
AccModeVotes[2]=0
AccModeVotes[3]=0
AccModeVotes[4]=0
AccModeVotes[5]=0
AccModeVotes[6]=0
AccModeVotes[7]=0
AccModeVotes[8]=0
AccModeVotes[9]=0
AccModeVotes[10]=0
AccModeVotes[11]=0
AccModeVotes[12]=0
AccModeVotes[13]=0
AccModeVotes[14]=0
AccModeVotes[15]=0
AccModeVotes[16]=0
AccModeVotes[17]=0
AccModeVotes[18]=0
AccModeVotes[19]=0
AccModeVotes[20]=0
AccModeVotes[21]=0
AccModeVotes[22]=0
AccModeVotes[23]=0
AccModeVotes[24]=0
AccModeVotes[25]=0
AccModeVotes[26]=0
AccModeVotes[27]=0
AccModeVotes[28]=0
AccModeVotes[29]=0
AccModeVotes[30]=0
AccModeVotes[31]=0

please help i like all maps in the vote maplist thx
[30+]**Skorpion**

Bonehed316

Oct 15, 2001
Florida
Visit site
Set bAutoDetect=False and then tell mapvote which gametypes to load.

If you want to play CTF and TDM, also set bTDM=True and bCTF=True. That should do it. You can also select this from ingame by logging in as admin, and opening the mapvote window, and go to the admin tab.

bAutoDetect only lists the maps of the gametype you're already playing.

nixxy

Oct 1, 2004
hi,

im trying to get 3dfxmapvote24c running on our clanserver
but i guess somehow i dont get it
how can i add gametypes which dont have their own prefix?
like gladiator,slavemaster and hulk..they all use DM-maps i think
everything else runs fine but as soon i add the gametypes
to customgametypes the mapvote refuses to load

3dfxmapvote.ini

is there any way to get this working ?

nix

Last edited:

nixxy

Oct 1, 2004
got it loading the maps with diff prefixes
and after renaming the maps they also load
for example GDM for Gladiator
but it gives me always teamdeathmatch
is there anything i forgot to set?
is it possible to give the gametypes their own prefixes?
for example
Gladiator=GL
Hulk=HK
Slavemaster=SL
.....etc
if so where do i have to make the changes?

Balls2

Oct 11, 2003
Visit site
Admin Settings change in Mapvote?

I got x3dfxmapvote v24c all setup on the server and it worked great with my game types and maps. Next, I setup all the kick %'s time delays and stuff with the sliders from the admin tab in the game, clicked save and reload, changed through a few maps then I noticed some things weren't working, like checking for tie games and stuff, I logged back into the admin settings and all the sliders were all the way to the left and a bunch of the settings were unchecked that I had previously set. I fixed it a few times and this keeps happening. I cant find anything on the forums about this, is there something that causes this problem? Is it a known bug?

-Balls

Bonehed316

Oct 15, 2001
Florida
Visit site
nix, gametypes define the prefixes within their code, I cant modify that. The prefix swapping should work (no one has given me a clear mention that it doesnt).

Balls, could you send me a log of when this event happens? Ive had this happen too, long ago, but either came to the conclusion it was my user error, or fixed it somehow and forgot, lol. Either way, a log would help if it happens again.

Estoke

Dec 15, 2003
Hi,

First of all I have to give thx to Bonehed316 for this nice conversion. ty ty ty ;)

I´ve found an incopatibility problem with this mutator "SmartCTF", I have test this 2 versions:

SmartCTFV4_SiN
SmartCTFV4_iNz

both has incopatibility when 3dfxmapvote is active.

I´ve read that this version of mapvote http://uksnipers.com/utserverstuff/Mutator/MapVote/BDBMapVote303Mbeta.zip

has no problem with SmartCTF.

Do u know how to fix this problem?

Thx in advance.

Bonehed316

Oct 15, 2001
Florida
Visit site
Unfortunately, I don't know why it conflicts.

There are lots of conflicts with mutators, for some reason. I'm not very sure why, nor do I have the time to diagnose it. I've heard of problems with several mutators, as well as some problems with more than 10 mutators per button. Neither problem makes sense, but it's just things I've heard from people. I cant confirm them, though.

However, if anyone ever wants to try their hand at fixing them, let me know and I'll give out the source to anyone who asks. I even cleaned up the mutator code so it's not so messy.

Estoke

Dec 15, 2003
Thx for your fast reply.

I has changing my ISP, so I was 2 weeks without Internet.

I was testing this version but It does not work with SmartCTF. If I found a solution I´ll post it here.

Thx again.

Gambit1

Nov 11, 2004
Queens, New York
zen-pc.com
Estoke said:
As I read in here:

http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9561&page=10&pp=10

Where I can find v 2.3 of 3dfxmapvote???

Thx ;)

hmm.. 2.3 and 2.4 seem to act the same when it comes to smartctf. I see the smartctf stats come up at the end of the map. For me, only thing 2.3 and 2.4 conflict with is not being able to see smartctf stats durin the map (if you have the smartctf stat keybinded to see durin map play)

http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/showthread.php?p=58129#post58129

Last edited: