New GUI / Looking For An Experienced GUI Coder

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sparky

Retired Administrator
Dec 6, 1999
Australia
www.beyondunreal.com
Yeah fudge, I removed them cause I posted news on my site. Sorry about that.

spark_gui.jpg

captainrad

admiral spock!
Feb 15, 2004
sparky said he wasnt serious about "TEH"....finish reading every post before you post.

-=[TracerTong]=-

I could have sworn I was wearing a hat!
Thanks Sparky :tup:
As you can see from the layout, I like the UT2003 menu setup.

I think the UT2004 one is too busy with everything scrolling etc.
Reminds me of an Amiga tech demo from 1992!

Keep it simple. Your menu is layout is very pro looking! :tup:

jevus

От България
Feb 17, 2003
of course those are made with ps. the thread's name says it all " looking for a CODER", which means that he hasnt put it in game yet

and yea, you can put stone textures over the pics, if that was your question. its pretty basic. TT's layout of the butons looks oldschool, makes me nostalgic

Last edited:

captainrad

admiral spock!
Feb 15, 2004
jevus said:
of course those are made with ps. the thread's name says it all " looking for a CODER", which means that he hasnt put it in game yet

and yea, you can put stone textures over the pics, if that was your question. its pretty basic. TT's layout of the butons looks oldschool, makes me nostalgic
you sure about that? i mean couldnt one make the things in photo shop and set it up but still have the mouse move over one part that thinks the buttons are there when really they are over to the left or something? meaning couldnt you set it all up (each part of menu seperatly in photoshop but still need a coder to setup how it works exactly?

SO MY POINT IS: sorta like flash but missing the action script?

just wondering, im probably way off.

Last edited:

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
captainrad said:
you sure about that? i mean couldnt one make the things in photo shop and set it up but still have the mouse move over one part that thinks the buttons are there when really they are over to the left or something? meaning couldnt you set it all up (each part of menu seperatly in photoshop but still need a coder to setup how it works exactly?

SO MY POINT IS: sorta like flash but missing the action script?

just wondering, im probably way off.

No, the GUI coder has to create the objects and assign the textures to the objects, et cetera.

Any luck with that yet Sparky?

captainrad

admiral spock!
Feb 15, 2004
SlayerDragon said:
No, the GUI coder has to create the objects and assign the textures to the objects, et cetera.

Any luck with that yet Sparky?
so you cant just create the individual objects before coding them?