UT3 controls defaulting

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

AMmayhem

Mayhem is everywhere
Nov 3, 2001
NaliCity, MI
Visit site
I never play a game with default key mapping. I've twice gone into the menu, changed the keys to how I like them, and go on to play, no problem. But upon playing the game after having exiting, all my controls reset to default. Even volume levels reset to default, however graphic changes and weapon priority do not.

Any fix to this?

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
The game used to store your settings in the cloud with Gamespy. I have no idea what it is doing for that now. Seems possible that it could try to restore nothing and reset to default.

Narayana

Jun 16, 2009
Steam does not automatically patch to the new Epic Master server last I've read. Profile creation and retention requires access to this new server, and you need to create a new profile after patching. (unless you are never playing online, then you just need to set your configuration files to read-only)

AMmayhem

Mayhem is everywhere
Nov 3, 2001
NaliCity, MI
Visit site
Steam does not automatically patch to the new Epic Master server last I've read. Profile creation and retention requires access to this new server, and you need to create a new profile after patching. (unless you are never playing online, then you just need to set your configuration files to read-only)

Seems to be working thus far. I have controls set as I like them. Just need to figure out where audio levels are saved too, they keep resetting as well. Much thanks! :)