What music do you play while playing UT?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SadaraK

Groving in UT since 1999
Jan 1, 2001
UK
I myself like to have fast hard hitting tunes on that get the blood pumping when Im just on having some fun so I have a list made up of some of the tunes from films (the Blade fight sceen/Matrix dojo sceen/Mortal combat), but there are plenty of normal songs that seem to suit UT well.

So what do you prefer?

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Gee, i must be crazy.. :D

Most of the times i turn the music off. I'm using utamp. very handy.
But the only music, for some reason, i'm listening to when playing ut, is the ut music that came with the game and new umx trax i find over the net or the ones that come with new levels.. :D yep, i'm crazy.

But again, most of the times .. no music.

AgentQ

Apr 15, 2001
Visit site
Well...

Antiflag
Greenday
Dr. Dre
Jurassic 5
Linkin Park
Nelly
NoFX
Operation Ivy
Outkast
Pixies
Smashing Pumpkins
Snoop
Tupac
Ect...

I have 83 songs in mu UT rotation, and I would love to be able to play music in CS, but no sound it to big of a disadvantage.

May 6, 2001
TX
Visit site
I just turn off the music and I turn up something like Limp Bizkit or...Hm...Linkin Park? Whatever I feel like listening to. I got very loud speakers, though, so I think I may have a serious case of brain damage...
And by the way, go see The Mummy Returns or that rabbit from Monty Python shall destroy you.

Buscemi

Lost and cannot be found
May 1, 2001
Far away from here
www.zombo.com
Mostly music with fat beats like Big Beat & Industrial......but also Metal. Like:
Chemical Brothers
Static X
Disturbed
Spineshank
Junkie XL
Rage Against the Machine
Daft Punk
Deftones
Leftfield
Orbital (No not the map!)
Radiohead
Hed PE
Underworld
At the Drive-In
Atari Teenage Riot
But also to (game)soundtracks like:
The Matrix
Spawn
C&C:Red Alert1(Hell March kicks ass!)
Earthworm Jim:)D)
Superkarts
And sometimes just UT itself ...;)

Karsehole

Flibbiddydibbiddydob
May 3, 2001
Wezep, The Netherlands
Visit site
Soulfly
Rammstein
Disturbed
Sepultura
KoRn
Linkin Park
Cradle of filth
Emperor
(hed) PE
Marilyn Manson
NoFX
The living end
Slipknot
Silverchair
Slayer
Machinehead
Nirvana
Tool
Deftones
Mudvayne
De Heideroosjes
Within Temptation
And so on, and so on...

darkinnit

May 6, 2001
Visit site
RE: What music do you play while playing UT

I think the Unreal Tournament music fits the game best, but I also sometimes listen to Fatboy Slim's Halfway Between the Gutter and The Stars album. Star and Ya Mama seem to go particularly well. :)

YuakuzA

Mo
Apr 29, 2001
Helsinki
www.clansoniq.com
What music....

I think the best music to ut is Koxbox or Infernal Machine cause they fit in the "technological" atmosphere of ut. But i also prefer:

Lab 4
Thunderdome
M F G
Shakta
Neophyte
Dj Viadma a.k.a Dj Pladator - www.mp3.com/djpladator
Man With No Name
Children Of The Doc
Astral Projection

etc...

Macca

Feb 23, 2000
Aberdeen
Visit site
How do you listen to your own music in UT? I'd imagine running, say, winamp in the backround would really kill my frame rate (and also it would mean that i can't hear the gun sounds, etc).

Any takers?

Buscemi

Lost and cannot be found
May 1, 2001
Far away from here
www.zombo.com
Originally posted by LemonHead
How do you listen to your own music in UT? I'd imagine running, say, winamp in the backround would really kill my frame rate (and also it would mean that i can't hear the gun sounds, etc).

Any takers?

Well I just tune down the music of UT and put a CD in my CD-Rom player. That's all...

no music, ever, i need to be able to hear every footstep
Well when you play something like Infiltration.....but when I play normal UT the speakers go fully open! :)