On UT locking up...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Supereye

Mar 25, 2000
I've noticed that ever since the Detanator 3's came out and the UT 436 patch (or most newer patches) was applied that alot of people have been getting a UT lockup of some sort another. I had the same problem recently but was somehow able to overcome it. What you need to do if you have this problem is to go through several processes to find out where exactly the problem is located. Some video cards require different BIOS settings for your specific card (most newer ones don't need adjusment, but it's always a good check), so you should check with your video card's maker for optimal settings. Another thing you need to check is your BIOS version (most vendors have updates to the BIOS, sometimes improving performance and reliability). If you have a motherboard with a VIA chipset, it is most important overall to get the latest 4 in 1 drivers for your specific chipset (this helped me out a great deal). The same rule should be applied to any other chipset as well. Something else that could be the problem, it could be related to the drivers for your card, if you have installed a Direct X version, make sure that your drivers for your card are workable with that version (or close to it), drivers are always have bugs and are never perfect. There are tons of issues that could be causing your problem, and it is always good to experiment with the settings and software until you get it to work, it is usually never just a quick click of a button, or a one shot deal. Most of the time it takes several combination's of trys to get it to work okay. In the end, the work is worth the effort.