:'( buh buh buh... all 2DT posts are gone.. buh buh buh...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NeoNight

Lurker
Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
how about .................................... Adding a dashing ability! like in those mega man x games! and uh rolling... and quick dodging like in smash bros melee (for the game cube) yeah let's see you do that one Mr. coder guy :p to do a quick dodge you tap up to do a roll you tap down. If you don't know what quick dodging is (doubt its even possible), um I can probably get you a screen shot or something. It’s basically a second or 2 of invincibility that has your character stepping into the background for a sec. Since the projectiles are traveling 2d... rockets and some other types of projectiles would (should) miss. For the dashing you can add some nice little 2d sprite effects or something... ill think of more things later

Last edited:

k0lpA

OMFG the cow bus !!
Aug 19, 2002
Canada / Quebec
Visit site
NeoNight : I think its all possible but I would need anims.. find someone who can make it and u'll have ur dash (hehe , I like MMX too :p) , and ur roll.. but I dont like the dodge thing.. I really should find some ppl to make a 2DT team... :(

oh.. 2DSp / coop.. I forgot I wanted to do this... (but a kind of deathmatch SP.. I mean theres no level 1 , 2 ,3 its just maps that cycles and the enemies get better every time)

god is really against this mod.. BionicBeast lost the site, OST lost his maps and we lost our post (yea not that important :/)

eh..Shuriken . Proelium ??

Last edited:

Hao Niu-rou

flummoxed
Oct 18, 2002
London, Ontario, Canada
My sister and I still play alot of Super Nintendo, I wanted to make a 2d side scrolling game before I'd even heard of your 2d mod, lol anyways I was going to animate the sprites all myself but I think if I ever get around to making those sprites, I'll show em to you to see if you're interested in helping me, cause I'd rather use the unreal engine than something like gamemaker or program my own (as i'm a n00b coder)

k0lpA

OMFG the cow bus !!
Aug 19, 2002
Canada / Quebec
Visit site
Shuriken : I still prefer my 2D mod :p and I think I could fix the Spectator Cam.

Hao : hehe, I still play ALOT of Snes too , some old 2D games really kick todays Super-graphics-no-gameplay-games. Me and a Friend started to think about making a mod that would be a kind of mix of all the 2D mech games on Snes (Metal Warriors, Cybernator, Front Mission:Gun Hazzard etc..). Whats your favorite 2D snes games ???

Hao Niu-rou

flummoxed
Oct 18, 2002
London, Ontario, Canada
Well, my sister and I love the mario brothers games, I have mario brothers all stars, and super mario world those are my favourites :p

I also used to have an NES but my older brothers violent ways broke the front flap, and it soon died because of all the dust that got inside it

But I'm mainly talking games like mario and sonic (more so mario though)

hmmm I've never played any mech games, but i suck at drawing mechs and cars and such

But what I really wanted to do was make a mario game that takes all the great features from the whole 2d series, and puts em together, and using my favourite bad guys (i love shyguys, and most of the baddies from Mario Bros. 2) but I wanted to redo the graphics, not just using sprite sets ripped from the games

maybe we can progress the 2d mod more towards the 2d sprites if you wanted? so then it'd be possible for us to try out either your mech idea, or my mario idea?

I mean, coding sprite based player pawns/controllers

Last edited:

k0lpA

OMFG the cow bus !!
Aug 19, 2002
Canada / Quebec
Visit site
sprites would be weird in 3D levels , I think if we really want to use use kind of sprites it would be better with a paper model : smooth anims (sprites are like 5frame/sec, models are.. more..) , only 1 "skin" to make.. but 3D is always better :p
anyway Hao do u have ICQ/AIM/MSN/YahooM ??

NeoNight

Lurker
Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
What no one played super smash bros? or super smash bros melee? pfft you guys don't know whatcha missing..... anyhoo here is a screen shot of quick dodging Adenterle...

Last edited:

NeoNight

Lurker
Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
pfft doubt you played it more then me (oh btw if you have a decent comp and a joystick well u don't really need a joystick but it helps you can play the orginal ssb online ;) pm me for details ) oh.. well if you don't think it'd be good then ok.... I just thought i'd be nice but it would have to have some sort of limit though..... like if there was a stamina meter that drains everytime you did certain moves

Last edited:

TheBladeRoden

Particle Whore
Oct 11, 2002
unreality
Visit site
NeoNight said:
pfft doubt you played it more then me (oh btw if you have a decent comp and a joystick well u don't really need a joystick but it helps you can play the orginal ssb online ;) pm me for details ) oh.. well if you don't think it'd be good then ok.... I just thought i'd be nice but it would have to have some sort of limit though..... like if there was a stamina meter that drains everytime you did certain moves

get SSBM online and I will call you god