no sound in UT or any mods

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

PETE

Jun 4, 2000
Visit site
I installed a game and the game made me install something called A3D and ever sinve i installed it i dont hear sound in UT, i uninstalled the A3D and the other game but still no sound, i uninstalled UT then reinstalled but still no sound, i even tryed a different sound card (which was alot better then the one im using) but i still dont get sound. but all my other games and apps can still play sound.

Last edited by a moderator:

{SOA}_=X=_Dra'gon

Masterful
Feb 1, 2001
CA, USA
Visit site
What sound card are you using now? Can you hear all sounds while your not playing the game? Either way goto your Device Manager and see if there is any errors under your sound card tab. If not then do a FULL uninstall of UT and then reinstall it MAKING SURE THAT ALL OTHER APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED. Theres also sound settings in your in your system ini folder you can check to see if everythings set right. Do that first. Hope this helps

PETE

Jun 4, 2000
Visit site
well i was using a creative labs mp3+ but when i got a new motherboard it has some crappy built in sound and i cant disable it, i can hear sound in everything else and did try a full uninstall.