Demorec

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sixty

Mar 22, 2006
Estonia, Tallinn
how do i make the demorecspectator record all the games i play automatically? i play tam. i dont like typing that demorec filename crap always.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
DemoRecSpectator is a serverside demo recorder and you can't do anything with that unless you're the server admin.

Go to UT2004/System and open User.ini go the DemoRecording section and change the mask.

[DemoRecording]
DemoMask=%d-[yourname]-%m-%t

That will put the date, your name, the map, and the time as the file name. Then, in the same file, bind a key to demorec and another key to stopdemo.

N=demorec
M=stopdemo

Push the proper button to start and stop the demo when needed and the mask will take care of naming it.

dc

Aug 17, 2005
You don't need the stopdemo bind unless you want to stop recording part way through a game. It ends automatically when the game ends.

Sixty

Mar 22, 2006
Estonia, Tallinn
Turns2Ashes said:
DemoRecSpectator is a serverside demo recorder and you can't do anything with that unless you're the server admin.

Go to UT2004/System and open User.ini go the DemoRecording section and change the mask.

[DemoRecording]
DemoMask=%d-[yourname]-%m-%t

That will put the date, your name, the map, and the time as the file name. Then, in the same file, bind a key to demorec and another key to stopdemo.

N=demorec
M=stopdemo

Push the proper button to start and stop the demo when needed and the mask will take care of naming it.
i dont remember how to bind that. help!
i know u had to type something to ur console. but what -- i dont remember.
and to the [yourname] i type my name without []'s, right?
do i just type 'N=demorec
M=stopdemo' under teh demorecording?
ty for ur help ppl

Last edited: