Rate the Last Movie You Watched

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

theabyss

No One Here Gets Out Alive
Dec 3, 2005
East Coast
The Reader - 7/10

Bonus Point for Kate Winslet getting nekkid.
Interesting movie. However, there is one scene, that had
the chance to become a great dialogue between the two of them, when he
wants to visit her in jail during the trial, but he chooses not to. Too bad.

Defiance - 8/10

The fact that this is based on a true story makes the movie quite awesome.

Benjamin Button - 9/10

It is a slow movie, but I really liked it. Makes you think how fast time goes by
and what you do with your time...

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Love and War- 6/10

This WW2 story of love and immigration to the farthest corners of the (then) British Empire isn't really my type of flick. That being said the story was well told and the acting was good.

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
Sous Le Sable. The story of a woman's denial of her husband's death, wonderfully acted out by Charlotte Rampling, continually walking the line between conviction and uncertainty. A lot of well-used silence and some exceptionally beautiful visuals. 8/10

Ricky. Three people, members of a family, from a French workers' quarter seeking to get away from their lives as they are, and in the end, managing to do just that by coming together and overcoming their higher ambitions. Or: life is bleak, let's make the best of it. Or: something else entirely. The fantastic (as in "not real") theme of the movie never seems to fit, never really seems to connect to the other (and in my opinion, stronger) theme of social criticism. I didn't enjoy it much. 6/10

Eldorado. Rural Belgium seems full of strange characters. A somewhat different and unusual road movie telling the tale of a man facing, and eventually coming to terms with his past, another man not managing to do so, and several other losers at life. Some scenes have their lengths, but as I found it, not inappropriately so. Lovely, with great shots of the countryside and always an underlying bitter kind of humour - a film not for everyone, but for me. An objective 7/10 - but more like a 8/10 for me.

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Silent Running- 9/10

I haven't seen this film in many, many, many years. As a contemporary to 2001: A Space Odyssey and, therefore, pre-dating Star Wars this film helped set the standard for what is now considered serious sci-fi film-making both in terms of narrative and depiction of life in outer space (think Alien).

The environmental and conservation messages in this flick are even more relevant today (almost horrifyingly so).

In my opinion this is on of sci-fi's true classic films.

Bruce Dern is brilliant in this movie. The years have taken nothing away from his performance or this film.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
Harry Potter and the whatever who cares: 7/10

The pacing was surprisingly good with this one, but the writing was not. Dumbledore said "I bet you're wondering why I..." about a dozen times. No, dumbledore, no one is really that interested. Also, if Snape doesn't turn out to have REALLY been working with dumbledore the whole time, I'll donate my testicles to science. They sure were clever on that one...

Actually, it wasn't that bad, but it was pretty damned stupid. The acting was decent, however and the effects were pretty sweet.

~Jason

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
The pacing was surprisingly good with this one, but the writing was not.
Yeah, that's what i didn't like about it, the dialogue was weak, I don't know if it was just how the actors where delivering their lines or if it was just a bad script, but i felt it could of been a lot better, they where dealing with very dark and dramatic stuff, I think they could of made the movie more powerful, I just wasn't feeling it.

I've never taught the young actors where good anyway, though Emma is quite hot.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
Harry Potter and the whatever who cares: 7/10

The pacing was surprisingly good with this one, but the writing was not. Dumbledore said "I bet you're wondering why I..." about a dozen times. No, dumbledore, no one is really that interested. Also, if Snape doesn't turn out to have REALLY been working with dumbledore the whole time, I'll donate my testicles to science. They sure were clever on that one...

Actually, it wasn't that bad, but it was pretty damned stupid. The acting was decent, however and the effects were pretty sweet.

~Jason

I saw this recently and forgot to rate it myself.

7/10 Harry Potter and the Irrelevant Prince's book.

I've always assumed the purpose of "The Half Blood Prince"'s potion book in this book was to trick us into thinking harry had stumbled onto another Voldemort artifact but i don't think anyone falls for it, it just comes across as a bit irrelevant despite the kiss he gets out of it and the sight of the "room of requirement" that becomes pertinent in the near future.

Anyway, the film! I enjoyed watching it, they missed out some large chunks which i think is why Dumbledore comes across as a little irritating. If i recall there were scenes involving Voldemorts earlier years and an explanation for the hiding place seen at the end and it takes him ages to get to the point which, doesn't happen in the film so much. Also weren't the skeletal horses meant to be in this one and Snape's cruel private sessions with Harry? I think the movie could've done with more Snape screen time to justify the title to be honest.

I came out of it satisfied but a tiny bit bored, there was some nice CGI but certain things made standard in previous films felt absent, not half as many portraits were moving for example and i don't recall any whimsical ghosts despite one being prevalent in the near future and clever camera wizardry. I'm still impressed by the sweeping shot through the mirror in the Prisoner of Azkhaban film i think.

Juggalo Kyle

Sup brah.
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Cali
Ice Age : Dawn of the Dinosaurs. - 7.5/10

The movie was good fun. Quite entertaining and did have some more 'adult' humor to it. Visuals were great, as always.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Machinegun girl: wth/10

One absurd, weird movie. The violence became so surrealistic (not to mention of what happened to the people she shot to pieces...), it became eh...."enjoyable". I mean, at given times I couldn't stop laughing. Strange movie.

The Haunting of Conneticut- 3/10

Boring. Way over cliche'd. And NOT based on actual events (however according to the movie it is)

Sudden violin screetch at sight of "ghost": Check
Blurry mirrors and or windows with "ghosts" pop up: Check
Haunted house, so lets take a shower: Check
.5 second "ghost" view when someone walks by but doesn't notice: Check
I'm seeing things but I'll keep it to myself as not to act crazy: Check

Well, it seems we have almost everything for a ghost/haunted movie. So lets make one!

Soggy_Popcorn

THE Irish Ninja
Feb 3, 2008
Public Enemies: 5/10

It was a gangster/bank-robber movie, with 2/3 of its duration consumed by touchy-feely dialogue. I don't sympathize with the gangster, or his freeloading girlfriend. You can't make me sad when he dies. You can't make me sad when she's sad. You just can't make me care overall, so it needed more car chases, etc...

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Catch Me If You Can - 6.5 - 7/10

After watching the spectacular Blood Diamond (for the 3rd time) this was not even close. It was good but waaaay too long and never really picked up the pace.

Blood Diamond on the other hand, 9/10 easy.

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Drag Me to Hell- 8/10

This is a return to classic Evil Dead style Raimi.

Scary and hilariously funny I wasn't disappointed. This romp through a nightmare leaves you no time to be bored. It's a full on ghost train ride from the word go.

The surround sound is great and some of the sound effects volume is almost physically assaulting, just to complete the scary thrills.

The only thing that could have improved this flick is Bruce Campbell cameo........

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
Wanted 8/10

I thought it was pretty bad ass.

- The super long range sniper shots at the start and the end of the movie were very cool.

- Hate to say it but kind of reminded me of the Korn video with the bullet traveling across various locales

- Wesley's office freak out was epic... told the fat bitch to STFU and brought smack down on his co-worker that was banging his girl. **** you with keys flying of the keyboard and missing teeth to make the 'U' was awesome.

-The final stand off in the library...one curved bullet to kill them all.

I just regret that my surround sound system is still not online, waiting for parts to show up. If I had that on this movie would have been a lot more fun.