Rate the Last Movie You Watched

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Juggalo Kyle

Sup brah.
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Cali
Chicago - 5/10

So I'll be the first to admit it, I do like musicals. Some of them are just wacky, which makes them fun. Some are brutal *Cough Repo Cough*, but Chicago just didn't do it for me.

Now, normally when watching a movie filled with women wearing skimpy outfits would get me all excited, but this one seemed to know which ball to punch to make it go away.

First mistake, Queen Latifah. Yeah.........

The plot, pretty boring to me. The singing, nothing super good. The only song I actually enjoyed was "They had it coming". The rest was 'meh'.

The only thing keeping this at a 5 and not lower is in fact the Women. At least that was enjoyable.

Thrallala

Wait, if you're here then that means...
May 11, 2008
Under the bridge downtown.
The Hangover - 9/10, Probably the funniest movie I've ever seen, and it managed to be great without all those well known hollywood actors/actresses.

Drag Me To Hell - 7/10, fantastic sound track and atmosphere, but the humour parts doesn't really fit.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
Just saw "Let the Right One In". http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1139797/

9/10. One of the best movies i have seen in my life. See it now.

I thought it was okay (just watched it a few minutes ago), it wasn't as good as I expected though, mostly because of all of the hype. What ruined it for me was that some of the more disturbing and violent scenes were just awkward. The part where the cats attack that lady, and later in the film when she bursts into flames was unintentionally hilarious. I seriously laughed, and felt weird afterwards. :(

Certainly an interesting film though.

sid

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Oct 20, 2005
So weird though that the girl was actually a guy with a cut off penis. I kind of wish she was just a girl. The book goes into more depth about this obviously...

Actually he was an androgynous boy

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
just got back from Public Enemies
7/10

This movie had some pretty outstanding acting, delivered through a pretty outstanding cast. Everyone fit very well into their roles and made them their own, Jonny Depp is the man as usual. Overall, it was a really good film, but not nearly as good as I thought it might be; maybe I set my hops too high.
It started out great, superb really. Slowly however, something about the pacing (fault of the director?) seemed to become awkward. As the plot progressed it felt like there was some confusion in the editing department about how to string together some of the scenes together.

for instance, and really, don't read this if you haven't seen it yet
how do the Feds know that Billie is going to show up at the apartment that John drops her off at? the movie was really good about showing how the Feds were working behind the scenes to keep a tail on John until this point. all of sudden they just know where he's taking her after they dodged the cops in Chicago? and you're telling me that NO ONE recognized John when he gets out of the car and is standing in the middle of the road with his pistol drawn while he watches them drag her off?

then, when John and Homer are making their final escape from the lodge, we see some men who look like them get all shot up in a field after being chased by the Feds. even Baby Face jumps out of the car that all 3 of them were in just moments ago. yet the very next scene shows John trying to patch up Homer, just before he dies, in a totally different car. maybe I just went blank during that scene, but how the hell did they wind up there?

still a good flick on the whole.

Last edited:

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Changeling-9/10

The special features for this DVD state that this true story is just so incredible that it would be hard to believe it's not made up.

A great retelling of a true story by a great director; Eastwood of course.

Jolie is brilliant in this film.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Life of brian: excellent

It's been ages I watched this one, forgot most. So, it almost felt like watching this for the first time (somewhat). This movie is so silly :D

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
Valkyrie- 7/10

Not bad. At least not as bad as I expected it to be. It treats tyhe history pretty well..............

Are you kidding? They take some pretty big liberties with the history, and suffice to say, it is far from accurate from what i've read.

Anyways, today I saw Public Enemies. Wasn't as good as I had hoped. The non-action scenes were boring, and I felt like this movie was poorly edited and moved way to quickly. I get the feeling about 30 - 45 minutes of movie was cut because they were really pushing for a 2 hour film here. Bad idea, and it shows.

The action scenes were great though.

6/10

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Bruno - 7/10

Funny bits were funny, but I will agree with the reviews in that some of it did feel staged. The bit with the talk show for instance not only was filled 100% with african americans, but the host was rumored to have been off the air for years. Also their is homage to meatspin that will never be unseen again.

Overall though I enjoyed it.

FaT CaM

Not much...
Apr 5, 2002
¯\(˚_o)/¯ I DUNNO?
Bruno - 7/10

Funny bits were funny, but I will agree with the reviews in that some of it did feel staged. The bit with the talk show for instance not only was filled 100% with african americans, but the host was rumored to have been off the air for years. Also their is homage to meatspin that will never be unseen again.

Overall though I enjoyed it.

Bruno reinforces the fact that you can't gouge out your mind's eye :(

The fact that the head of the penis ****ing talked put me into a little ball

Bruno - 6/10

There were a few scenes in this that really had me laughing out loud. But overall it was pretty much the exact setup as Borat, only not done as well. I felt that there were parts of this that they should have explored more (and others that they focused too much on). I enjoyed it, and was entertained. It's definitely the kind of movie to see with a packed audience though for the first time.

Next up, the Dillinger movie.

Last edited:

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
I saw Bruno yesterday too, i didn't laugh out loud because i don't laugh out loud anyway.
I taught it was very funny though, but i agree they could of done more with it.
It felt short as well, it was, what 83mins? it could of been longer, i was sad when it was over :(
7½/10

Breadtruck

All's Well That Ends Well
Feb 6, 2005
Maine
I just got back from Bruno. Not as great as I had expected, but honestly wasn't terrible. Made me laugh though, and I felt it was worth it to go. 8/10