detail textures flickering in UT

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

kerilk

Feb 13, 2001
Visit site
I have always had Nvidia for playing UT and they always ran without a problem except for one: the detail textures flicker either in 16b and 32b. Has anyone else ever seen this problem? I used to have a tnt2 m64 and I now have a GeForce 2 GTS.

Thanks

kerilk

Feb 13, 2001
Visit site
detail textures flickering solution

I have corrected the problem yesterday by putting t d3ddrv.dll from UT Game Of The Year edition, it corrects this problem and might be more stable too. Don't know why because GOTY is also a version 436. I've heard this problem also occurs on Deus Ex with ATI cards, and it has been existing in unreal since the first version of the d3d.
Anyone knows why the versions are different, and why isn't the GOTY one include in the patch 436?

Thanks for your comments

PS : By the way, in Unreal 1 (226) I know away to correct the transparencies not occuring on tree leaves: take the following files from the latest version (226) of Return to Na Pali and put them in your unreal\system directory: unreal.exe, d3ddrv.dll, core.dll .(Make a backup first, who knows). Everything should work just fine after that.

Bogdon

Sep 21, 2000
Rochester NY
Visit site
NVerxion I too have just put an ultra in a P3/667 and I can't get it to run D3D at all only opengl.I updated agp drivers which helped some other problems but no d3d.I also got the texture flickering when I overclock the card if It remains at factory defaults flickering disappears.Did you have any trouble running d3d in UT and deus ex with the ultra?

NVerxion

Ethereal
Sep 9, 2000
Orlando, FL
No problems here..just the insignificant flickering on some of the textures when viewing the high detail ones. I usually leave them off, although it doesn't make any difference cause the game is silky smooth either way. This card makes the game so incredible I don't know how to describe it... here I will try an anology - GeForce2 Ultra is to Geforce 256 as DVD is to old video tape.

Question... What is the manufacturer of the card you have? Mine is an ELSA Gladiac Ultra 64MB DDR. I'm am in awe of this thing, seriously.