CoD 4 Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
The score limit stopped me :[

[SCREENSHOT]http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8523/shot0001kn7.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

I wish the kill count for UAV and stuff would start over a few kills after heli.

Last edited:

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
Get the chopper, then die and call it in. The kills the chopper makes only add up to your killing streak when it kills during the life you called it in.

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
I know that but I don't want to ruin my kewl streak.

edit: Wait what? D: I know that if you get an airstrike/heli, die and them call in the airstrike/heli the kills you get with it count towards another UAV/airstrike/heli. So your saying if I had a 9 kill streak, died, then called in the heli I got it and it got one kill, my previous kill streak of 9 would be a 10 as the game sees it?

Last edited:

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Infinity Ward has said the pack is also planned for the PC, though they are not certain how it is going to be distributed. (i.e. how they are going to charge for it I assume)

On an unrelated note - I finally got the friggin' gold LMG. :tup: Now I can put it away and start working on the gold Sniper and Assault Rifles. I'm closest to getting those. I'll probably do the SMGs last since weapons like the Skorpion seem almost useless.

Nines

With Rage Alive
Oct 12, 2004
Sweden
On an unrelated note - I finally got the friggin' gold LMG. :tup: Now I can put it away and start working on the gold Sniper and Assault Rifles. I'm closest to getting those.

Speaking of which, I'm done with Assault Rifles, SMGs, LMGs and Shotguns. All that's left are three Sniper Rifles; M40A3, Dragunov and R700. :D

I'll probably do the SMGs last since weapons like the Skorpion seem almost useless.

Skorpion is possibly the best SMG, tbh. The only downside is the 20 bullet clipsize. It's a wise decision to do the SMGs last, though, because they take the longest. Trust me. :p

EDIT: Btw, I found this: http://forumplanet.gamespy.com/call_of_duty_4_general_discussion/b49206/19739555/p1/?0

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
How you get a gold camo? I am not sure but the way I got it from the UI explainer is that you have to get the red camo on every other weapons of that class plus the challenges. Does that mean I can get a gold P90?

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
How you get a gold camo? I am not sure but the way I got it from the UI explainer is that you have to get the red camo on every other weapons of that class plus the challenges. Does that mean I can get a gold P90?
Gold plating is obtained by completing ALL of the weapon challenges for a particular class. For instance, that means that you must complete the Marksman I-III (kills) and Expert I-III (headshots) for every LMG to gain the gold plating for that weapon class.

Only certain weapons can use the gold plating once you have it:
Golden Mini-Uzi
Golden M1014
Golden AK-47
Golden M60E
Golden Dragunov

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
I'll probably do the SMGs last since weapons like the Skorpion seem almost useless.

Play on hardcore mode and you'll find that you can even take out people on the long range with them, when using a silencer. :p

SMGs kill fast enough, but because it takes a few bullets, you're less likely to kill people with headshots. That's the real obstacle you'll be facing.

ps. Maps looks like great fun.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I got stomped by a "pro" player who used the following yesterday:

• AK-74 + Red dot
  • Stopping power
  • Dead silence

The current set I play with every day for a while now is:

• P90 + Silencer
  • Stopping power
  • Steady aim

I have never seen someone crush me so often in 1v1 close combat since I bought the game. The guy played like if it was UT2004, it seems to be really helpful to aim and get the best reflexes on it like if your life depends on it. I almost thought the guy was aimboting, but then I kinda got his technique from the killcam, and decided to try the same thing, except with Extreme conditioning. And the thing works.

You see, rather than "Spraying" most of the time with my P90, I feel more forced to use the aim, and since I don't have a silencer attached, I can get a longer range effectiveness. The whole class has shown extremely effective in corners, if used properly.

The AK-74 combo definitively is the hardest to handle in both of them, since it requires more aiming, but it is lethal. If you're hardcore like the guy I meet, You could easily handle 3 incoming enemies almost at once, even if the enemy knows your position with UAVs and noise

BTW hal, I think the Skorpion is a O.K. weapon in close range. My main concern about it is the magazine that last like 2.5 seconds. With stopping power and the silencer as usual, I seen some guys use it really effectively.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
Skorpion is retardedly accurate for a submachine gun. Putting the ACOG on it is like a mini sniper rifle. :lol:

Gundato

Wangosaurus Rex
Feb 26, 2002
In a Nuclear Missile Silo
I am proud, I was accused of hacking for the first time today. Well, twice actually:

First, they said I had an aimbot when I was levelling my g3 with some shipment (only 4 people).

Then, a minute ago (was looking for a quick match before NCIS), someone accused me of being a hacker for killing him with a shotgun from half a map away. Now, this was Shipment and it was Hardcore, so you do the math there...