UE3 - UDK Problem Setting Texture Parameter

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BTH

Dickcheese Faggot
Nov 12, 2005
Spain
Hello everyone! I am having some trouble with a little code I am trying to get to work and I figure this is the place to ask for help. Hopefully, if it gets solved, reading this thread could help further UDK users.

I am trying to use a Trigger Volume which, with the help of a Kismet event and a custom Sequence Action, will tell any actor to change a certain Texture from it's Material Instance Constant.

First of all I tried doing something similar with an already existing Sequence Action: Set Material

setmaterial.jpg

This test worked perfectly: Any object that entered the Trigger Volume changed it's material automatically and then went back to default as soon as it left the Volume.

Then I went on and started coding:

Code:
class SeqAct_SetTexParam extends SequenceAction
native(Sequence);

var() Texture NewTexture;
var() Name ParamName;

defaultproperties
{
ObjName="Set TexParam"
ObjCategory="Actor"
VariableLinks[0]=(bModifiesLinkedObject=true)
}

The Kismet Sequence was then slightly changed to match as so:

settexparam.jpg

This time I can't get the sequence to work. Any time an actor enters the volume there is a kismet warning that pops up:
"Kismet Warning: Obj [Name] has no handlers"

I have tried and tried and haven't got this to work... I hope I can get some help on this one and I hope it helps anyone having the same problems.

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
I guess the warning means that the object's class does not have an OnSetTexParam function, which I guess is true for most classes. The reason it's looking for a handler function is that bCallHandler is true by default for the SequenceAction class. If a subclass wants to do stuff without calling a handler function, it needs to specify that - and Set TexParam apparently doesn't.

BTH

Dickcheese Faggot
Nov 12, 2005
Spain
Isn't there an easy solution for this? It seems pretty standard for today's games. Check for example the reflections on scopes in modern video games. They vary depending on the zone you're in. That's the kind of effect I'm looking for.