Zero Punctuation Reviews: Turok

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kamin

Unreal Zealot
Jan 20, 2008
Well, Hell. That made me want to run out and not buy Turok. Not that I was going to, but at least that reinforced my lack of impulse to do so. Well done.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
And that is why I am waiting for the pc version to come out. Im a huge Turok fan since the N64 days, but by god the controls leave little to be desired. If CoD4 could pull off smooth controls on the console, why cant Turok.

Adelheid

Bernstein
Jan 23, 2008
Nowhere.
I see nobody is complaining about the subtle hint that Gears of War is nothing more than a Halo clone...

That was a good point about the controls, but I am perplexed by his failure to mention the growing trend to have the "look stick" inverted by default, so when you push up you look down.

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
Bloody funny, as always. :lol: The video enhances everything that's said again. :D

Well, Hell. That made me want to run out and not buy Turok. Not that I was going to, but at least that reinforced my lack of impulse to do so. Well done.

His reviews aren't exactly reviews though. :p Its all entertainment.

Retodon8

Sheep happens!
Jan 21, 2004
Netherlands
retodon8.net
That was a good point about the controls, but I am perplexed by his failure to mention the growing trend to have the "look stick" inverted by default, so when you push up you look down.

That video was very entertaining, but hardly so in depth that it should mention a tiny "issue" like that.
If you ask me, pushing the stick forward you should make you look down, just like it does in real life, with machines like airplanes and of course actual humans, or whatever else has a head.
(If you tilt your head backward and end up looking down... go see a doctor!)
DN3D had it right calling the alternative "inverted", Quake did not.
Still, I just correct it for whatever game I just started playing once, and never even think about it again.

Hardly suitable material for this video, which again, I found very amusing.
The new Turok didn't seem like it'd be bad, the videos of gibs looked cool, but it wasn't very attractive to me overall.
Reviews such as this don't help making me want to pick it up. :)

elmuerte

Master of Science
Jan 25, 2000
the Netherlands
elmuerte.com
If you ask me, pushing the stick forward you should make you look down, just like it does in real life, with machines like airplanes and of course actual humans, or whatever else has a head.
(If you tilt your head backward and end up looking down... go see a doctor!)

"forward", meet "up". "up", this is "forward"
you know, you guys look a lot a like, are you twins?

Deapblade

Jul 15, 2004
"forward", meet "up". "up", this is "forward"
you know, you guys look a lot a like, are you twins?

ROFL
I agree with Elmuerte that I prefer to play inverted, but I think that is because we are used to playing PC games like this. Retodon8 is right that for a lot of people like to play not inverted and it is also more logical. That is the reason they do it like this in cranes.

virgo47

Waiting for next UT
Jul 5, 2005
Bratislava, Slovakia
members.clanci.net
Cool. ;-) Not that I was rofling my whole house, because it was actually sadly accurate (talking about general stuff, like brown/yellow colors, etc). I was just wondering when the hell that man catches his breath? :) Bit difficult to catch all things for non-native speaker though. But cool. :)