What's your dream UT system?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Necroth

Former WeeDHead
Mar 7, 2000
Visit site
My Current PC :D

Just got it from santa (hmm i only wonder why santa looked like me, and plundered my bankaccount :/ )

AMD 1.2 GhZ on a Aopen M0bo AK33
Hercules Prophet ][ (GF2 64MB)
256 MB ram (PC133)
DSL 1024/512 KB/s
Sidewinder Strategic Commander & Intelleye Explorer (optical)
Creative Dreamworks 5.1 Surround System

dizasta

Apr 21, 2000
Visit site
All you people wishing for 768 MB of RAM would be spending money for nothing unless you run linux. Winblows doesnt recognize over 512 MB. :p

Axel

Jan 31, 2000
London
www.alexgp3.cwc.net
hi There
Just built this last week, its my dream system that the finances would stretch to :)

1gig T-bird
Asus A7V rev 102 (bios 1005a)
Geforce 2gts
256 mb pc133 @2-2-2
soundblaster live 1024
IBM ATA 100 30gig HD
Plextor 12/10/32a (very impressed with this)
17' Sony Trinitron

Ut runs 90fps max details,32bit colour etc,etc

SilentStrike

Jun 18, 2000
Visit site
Actually

I remember reading something at Ace's Hardware. It can recognize RAM totals > 512 MB, but you have to do some tweaks to get it to work.

Either way, UT only runs on one processor... so that 8 way Xeon ain't gonna be any better than a 1 way Xeon. How about one of those Quantum 3D cards though... the one's from a modified V5 6000 architecture. They would be pretty wicked.

Do_Or_Die

Aug 1, 2000
That's why you get Win2K Dizasta. If you're gonna get a machine like that you'd be a fool to try and run any Windows on it besides 2k.

Slick_Willy

Anyone Else Want Some?
Yeah, I would put win2000 on it. That way the OS would run on 1 processor, UnrealED can run on the next, Multiprocessor Graphics programs can run on the others. Even if Unreal can only use 1 then the w2k OS can assign Unreal it's own processor while everything else uses the others. My friend has a similiar system with dual celerons and w2k pro. When he plays his games he has noticed over time that they do infact run from the second processor while the os runs off the 1st.