DS9 The Fallen

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

thef91

Oct 17, 2014
Hello guys, =)

I recently started to look for a beta version of the game Deep Space Nine The Fallen and I came across a very old Thread on this forum:

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=31931

"alien8" provided a link of a beta review of this game, but unfortunately the link seems to be dead ;( Even though it doesn't mean that he has/had a beta version of the game, I was interested in his review, since the creators had changed some content in the final version of the game, and I was some kind of interested into seeing the "older version". I have some screenshots which show maps who where seemingly eliminated from the final build - maps which I think were pretty cool. In the editor I also found textures and other stuff, which were used in this maps, but I thought it would be cool if I might be able to play the beta of this game.

So I thought I could at least ask "alien8". I tried to contact him approximately 2 weeks ago, knowing that he most likely wouldn't respond, since he hasn't been active on this forum for two years (if I remember correctly) now.

So I wanted to ask you guys if anyone of you might know him, or maybe - if some of you guys even know if there after all exists a beta version of this game.

Sorry I know this game is about 14 years old now, but since I bought it (approx. 10 years ago) I always was interested in those maps who don't appear anymore in the final version.

Any help would be appreciated.

I wish you a nice day =)

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
The old version of the game was particular in that Myscha worked on it still.
I never knew there was a beta avaiable around.

thef91

Oct 17, 2014
Thank you very much for your quick answers! =)

@evilgrins: Thank you a lot, I'll be looking for his nickname in some other UT Forums!

@Leo(T.C.K.): Thank you too :D But I don't understand 100% - "Myscha" was working on an older version of it?

@dr.flay: All good things come by threes :lol: so another "thank you" for you, I already downloaded this demo a while ago - the demo level corresponds more or less completely with the final version of the game I have.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Yes, he is still credited I believe, however he left the developement and his full maps didn't survive the game I think. It's possible one of the level designers reworked some though. His style was similar to that of Ilya Isaykin who also worked on the game(he also worked on Unreal PSX and his maps were the most detailed ones).

Last edited:

thef91

Oct 17, 2014
I just saw I missed a thank you - @leilei - thx for your contribution.... and now when I think about what I wrote at the beginning - you're right, this thread might be really some kind of a stalking request xD

Hm... and I guess there is no way to get in touch with Myscha? I browsed through the forums member list, and I guess he is not part of the community. I'm sorry if this sounds again like a stalking request hehe - I just think it would be awesome to know, what finally happened to the above mentioned maps, or if they were indeed created by himself (Myscha).

I know this game is very, very old - therefore I really appreciate that you all contributed to my post and not just ignored it :)

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I spoke to the guy last year but he has since moved from the company he was in. Therefore I have no working e-mail adress or any whereabouts about him. I asked primarily about Unreal work and later when I asked about DS9 his adress didn't work anymore. Nothing I can do about that unfortunately. But I guess the guy has nickname "Sled Dog" for a reason. :p