World of Tanks

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Yes, it can be a pain when you die a lot like I did last night, but the times you toast a few tanks can be fun!:hot: If they would change a lot of the stuff I complained about above, then the game would be more fun (oh, and of course, better balance in matches).;)

Best tank I have now is the PzIV and I'm going for the Tiger P eventually.

Last edited:

tomcat ha

Feb 2, 2002
Visit site
havent touched much over the last week since i first got the first french heavy tank and the cruiser mark 3.
still have my stug, priest, bt2 and t34 from my previous play period.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
So, I'm playing as SkaarjMaster (german, american and british tanks), and will go along the french, russian and chinese lines with this account.....and maybe some other Arties and destroyers if I feel lucky.;)

EDIT: I think 21 tanks to choose from is enough.;)

Last edited:

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Someone got mad at me last night for suicide artying. I guess he saw me do it two or three times and got fed up. Well, I only did it because I was almost all the way down in health (5% or less), was already spotted, and there was nothing else I could do. I said "screw u" to him online during the last match I saw him and I'll do it again if the situation ever arises. I like ramming and will continue to do it whenever the situation calls for it. For instance, when I'm scouting and get spotted by more than one tank and I'm toast anyway.:)

Last edited:

tomcat ha

Feb 2, 2002
Visit site
i actually had a few games were we had like 2-3 tanks left and i was the last remaining arty. The enemy still had 6 tanks left and i blew them all up hah.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
one more rant

The same music over and over and over and over again is getting old. They should have different intro tracks for each map as well as different victory and defeat songs. So, multiplying what they have now by the number of maps they have minus one.:) The game still is fun and addictive though.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Ran the circuit with the BT-2 twice yesterday in Himmelsdorf; I wonder if it's even easier with the BT-7. Also, had someone pin me against the map border and driving me back and I couldn't kill him because it was an arty and I kept shooting the top....then one of my teammates nailed him.:)

EDIT: a few days ago I saw two tanks cliff dive (one right after the other) in Province.

Last edited:

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Yep, ok, that figures but I'm almost to the point of trying it.:)

Who do you play as?

Also, just got 4 medals with the Matilda the other night after being surrounded by three tanks and destroyed them all (raw points without 2x was around 500-600). Not sure how the heck I really did it, but it happened.;)

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
If it were up to me, these are the things...

...I would change about the game World of Tanks (probably for 8.4 upgrade, since 8.3 is practically finished):

1. Have it the choice of the player at the time of logging in or before each battle before the tank is chosen whether or not to play with "non-paying" players or everyone. So, the advantage of paying players is sort of taken out of the equation if someone wants it to be. Maybe there would probably be some rule where you would need to play with everyone at least 25% of the time or something like that.

2. No more draws, especially at the end of matches where both teams cap with 5-10 seconds. Only one team wins and that's that. If both teams cap at the exact moment, then most points on the top of the screen of most tanks destroyed, more points, or whatever....it will be decided. I've heard all the arguments to keep draws in the game and they're crap; besides, there are no draws in Unreal Tournament.;) Unfortunately, this will never happen because most of the community wants to keep draws.:(

3. Explain in the FAQs how convert experience can be used to research stuff in the next tank once it is researched without buying gold (I haven't seen this explained anywhere, even in the forums).

4. Make it so you can't hurt your teammates (teamkills) and that would get rid of most of the a$$holes on your team. This includes all the bumping into one another at the beginning of a match (which brings me to 5)

5. Make the start points a little farther apart, to try and avoid some of the stupid bumping at the beginning of a match.

6. All faster tanks start at the front in certain maps, to make it easier to run across the expanse and back up the other side and around the bends, etc. (i.e. - Province).;)

7. No more starting the capture over and going down a little just because you get hit in the circle. The other team has to destroy all of the tanks in the circle for it to start over or go down a little.

8. Warnings when purchasing the bigger engine and heavier radio signal thing, etc. when you haven't purchased the better treads first. This happened to me today with the AMX 40 french tank. It's my own fault as you should always buy from the bottom up, but I was trying to use convert experience points.

9. Make some of the extra items that don't require gold to purchase function automatically or at least make it a choice one way or the other. I thought the small repair kit kicked in automatically, but you have to divert your attention away from the battle to hit at least two keys in a row to get it to work.

10. Mess with the game algorithm to stop getting defeats most of the time. It just seems my team gets defeated an inordinant amount of times more than logically should be possibly if it is trully random. In other words, I don't believe it is random and something should be done to change it.

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Skaarj, I think I have a good alternate idea for your #4
A "karma" system where the amount of damage you deal to friendlies gets recorded into a "karma pool" which slowly empties
Those with large pools get lumped with other players who have similarly large pools, and people who accidentally hit friendlies don't get punished as much

Of course this idea only works if everyone gets lumped via some kind of matchmaking

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Carefull...it's addictive.;) Also, anyone who is a member of the WOTs forum (i don't dare join for obvious addictive reasons), feel free to cut and paste my suggestions.:)

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
how can you use excess xp in the next tank without spending gold?

You get to the end of a tank and then you research the next one in line without buying it. Check your convert exp and see if you can research something the next tank needs (better tracks, better engines, etc.). Definitely want to research/buy from the bottom up. If you have enough conv exp, you can research stuff without buying the tank yet. I forgot if the tank you have now has to be elite or not, but I don't think so. They don't explain this anywhere I know of. Good luck!!!

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
IIRC that happens automatically for every piece of equipment the tanks share. No elite status necessary and I wouldn't call it using convert experience cause the mechanic is different.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
No, i'm talking about for the ones the tanks DON'T share (using convert experience because that is exactly what I'm talking about) and it's different and doesn't happen automatically. I'm also talking about researching only. Also, before you sell a tank it is always good to mount all default stuff back on it to leave the other stuff open for next tank whether it uses those things or not.

Last edited: