A thread for spending currency only for greatly discounted electronic transactions

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Well dammit... found that greenish Claptrap in Fyrestone and thought it was something special. Tried to get to it and hit nothing but invisible wall and some poking around reveals it's just there to wave and go "HI!"

Hey Ky, I added ya to my friend list. hit me up if you ever want to do some multiplay Borderlands. I've got all the dlc's and from what I read here and on the steam forums, the Noxx stuff requires some co-op effort.

Added ya cause you seem new, so hopefully I can be some help.

Hey: Can anyone report deals they find? 'Cause Steam is having a sweet deal on 2 games I highly recommend.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl AND S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat both for 75% off! 2 Solid "hunt and gather shooters" for $9.99!

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/5011

These 2 are not for the faint of heart, or slim on hardware, but they are very challenging and rewarding single player experiences!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I haven't been able to get into the STALKER series at all so far, but that is a good price if you don't have the two games.

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Added ya cause you seem new, so hopefully I can be some help.
Considering I bought the game on Wednesday? :p

Tho I have to wonder why all these players modding weapons for the game left and right that someone would have made a weapon mod program that actually translates the part names into something a bit more legible

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Do yourself a favor and avoid modding weapons. The point of the game is looting and it spoils it (at least it does for me) to just make your own. It's another reason I don't play this game with random people online.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Agreed. I would have stopped playing a long time ago if it wasn't for the looting potential.

Kyllian

Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
The reason weapon modding is looking good is I have to use the same weapons for a few levels because 90% of the stuff I find is drek compared to stuff I've picked up on drops.
The other 10% is a few levels above where I'm at and I'll probably find something better before I can use them

For now tho, I think I'll just stick to backpack and cash tweaking

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
I think I've used my MG (or combat rifle as the game calls it) for the past 10-12 levels or so. +60% damage, +42% attack speed, and some other stuff. Putting it on my Roland it gets a 105 clip and 92 accuracy. When my metal storm goes off it fires so fast that the sound for it starts distorting.

I've been playing the Moxxi arena dlc and even during the "X deals increased damage, everything else sucks" challenges, my MG still far outperforms whatever purple X I have.

It was fun for a bit, but it's funner to get new weapons. I'm just waiting till I outlevel it enough so better stuff can start dropping.

Kyllian

Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Ended up doing some weapon and item modding anyway, tho all I did was take 2 existing weapons and boosted them a bit
Didn't make a supah-uber-death-machine, more of a 'big brother'

Good chunk of guesswork and trial-and-error as some of the stats lists on the net are a bit wonky as to whether or not a + or - percentage is a boost or not

Benfica

European Redneck
Feb 6, 2006
Plain Sight: 1.8€ (-80%) http://store.steampowered.com/app/49900/
ss_5b88ccaea9d7ff5f102cfe9f86fa588f55873917.600x338.jpg
ss_eb36f2dbbf90bd40c2d5a9f3d4114ea4f3cfb932.600x338.jpg

Plain Sight is a multiplayer arcade game about suicidal ninja robots.

Fly through space, leap over planetoids and destroy opponents with your trusty katana.

Killing fellow robots lets you steal their tasty, tasty energy. Packed with spinach-like goodness; energy makes you bigger, stronger, faster and generally more awesome.

Being all big and badass is great, but in this game it doesn’t win you the match. It makes you a target.

To win, you have to convert your energy into points...

How do you do this? Simple. Kill yourself.

Press the button and turn your happy little robot into a vicious ball of enemy-absorbing plasma. The more opponents you take out, the better.

Upgrade your robot, respawn and get stuck in again...

13 Multiplayer maps
Battle up to 20 players
5 self-destructive gameplay modes
Deathmatch
Ninja! Ninja! Ninja! Robozilla! - mini ninjas unite to bring the gargantuan Robozilla down to size!
Lighten Up - Detonate on a target area with as much energy as possible, the best detonation wins the points for that round.
Team Deathmatch / Weakest Clink - Play a standard Team Deathmatch or up the stakes by having a communal score bank.
Capture the Flag - Well, it looks more like a beacon... but the gameplay is the same.

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
Apogee pack weekend on GOG.com:
Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold
Blake Stone: Planet Strike
Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition
Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project
Rise of the Triad: Dark War
All together for $14,95

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
Not the greatest deal, but if someone's been curious about Global Agenda, now's a good time to check it out. It's 25% off in their store, and you can use the 15% discount codes that existing owners get (I still have 6 left), which brings the final price to 19.12 euro for me. I've no idea what their USD/GBP prices are, but doing a quick conversion I end up at $24-25.

They removed all of the monthly fees and buying the game gives you infinite full access. There's also a demo on steam which has no time restriction, but since it's capped at level 12 it means you won't get to do much pvp since most of the stuff has a minimum level higher than that. You can do the PvE stuff I guess (quests in a persistent outdoor area, instanced team dungeons), but it's probably the most tacked-on aspect of the whole game.

Majik

blargh
Jun 24, 2004
Denmark
The Great Adventure Bundle 2010 - 6 games for $19.95 (sale ends 09.10.10)

http://www.telltalegames.com/adventurebundle

The Great Adventure Bundle 2010

With the Great Adventure Bundle 2010, Telltales Games has teamed up with some top PC-game publishers to bring together six great adventure games in one bundle at an incredible price. Best of all, 25 percent of your purchase price is being set aside for select charitable causes.

It's so easy: Just choose your cause - if you don't choose, your tax-deductible donation will be spread evenly among them all - then make your purchase. To help reach our goals, we've set two of the games to be unlockable once unit sales reach a certain number.

The games are:

• The Whispered World
  • Jack Keane
  • King's Quest Collection
  • Penny Arcade Adventures
  • Puzzle Agent
  • Sam & Max Season 2

I might get this even though I already own Jack Keane, Penny Arcade and Sam & Max.