razors and breaking kid's dreams

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

vulture987

Dec 18, 2002
everywhere (omnipresent)
Visit site
I was recently playing a friendly round of deathmatch on UT2003 when a foolish noob who turned out to be about 9 made the mistake of insulting my mother. Now, this angered me for two reasons; the first being that I was already lagging with a ping of 300 and I didnt need typing back a witty comeback slowing me down even more. The second reason came after I threatened to hunt him down and kill him and everyone he loves with a razorjack. He said "What the fvck is a razerjck? Fvck you n00d." After I had gotten his home address, flown 400 miles and killed him and everyone he loved with a razorjack (I had one imported from Nali Pali a while back), it occured to me. Today's gamer doesnt know what a razorjack is. That used to be standard info. I mean look at it. It doesnt even look remotely like a gun. And its secondary function fires razors guided by tipping the gun in the direction you want it to go. I mean that makes no sense whatsoever! Its just a rediculously cool weapon. Then another grim realization struck me. Pretty soon, no one is going to remember the Impact Hammer or the Eightball either. And after that? Well dont expect to be hearing the enforcer as a household term either. I say we create a mod and/or a thread around here devoted to rediculous old and frogotten FPS weaponry. The thread would be cool at least, include a screenie and info on why the weapon should be remembered.

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
Speaking of material for the Junkage section, when're you gonna start interviewing coders again?

vulture987

Dec 18, 2002
everywhere (omnipresent)
Visit site
will http format do? i'm just gunna flap it down on the forums, do with it what you will. I think it looks drab with the grey backround but i didnt wanna mess with it, i figure you'll put in what you want.

Attachments

• Razorjack Nostalgia.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 24

vulture987

Dec 18, 2002
everywhere (omnipresent)
Visit site
ya thats just the first revision i just wanted to see if http format would do or not. i'll have it done soonish, probibly have the stinger done then too.

WOW i had no idea how many useless cool things you could do with the RJ's secondary fire until i did this, did you guys see the screenie where the blades are chasing the test nali?

oh, and if you dont mind adding your own backround please do, i dont know how to do that with HTTP

Last edited:

vulture987

Dec 18, 2002
everywhere (omnipresent)
Visit site
Heres the new polished version of the article, I added more strategy and a secondary fire tutorial. I think it turned out pretty good. Anything else you guys think needs fixed before the final revision?

Attachments

2.1 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Kangus

Zombie on your pwn!
Jan 29, 2001
Illinois, USA
www.planetunreal.com
Other than the fact I'd link to Usaar33's site instead of Crokx's (because Usaar's OldSkool mod is an amazing pieece of work that any Ut'99 player should have... plus he's just a better coder IMO), it's much better, and probably good enough for me to put up if you're happy with it.

vulture987

Dec 18, 2002
everywhere (omnipresent)
Visit site
i'm pretty happy with it, lemme load the one where the screenies actually load (do'h!). and if they still dont load, tell me so i can weep about how much i blow with HTTP coding, and then fix it.

whats Usaars33's site?? and why arnt you listening to Cradle of Filth right now?!!?! turn it on!

Attachments

317.2 KB · Views: 20
Last edited: