[Game] AudioSurf

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Updated.

The game is now released. You can get it on Steam for 9,00 bucks.
I highly recomend the game for addictive fun. One once said that UT could ameliorate your reflexes, I can't wait to see what effect this game will have on me.

audiosurfbq5.jpg

Original post:
Code:
[url]http://www.audio-surf.com/[/url]

Not sure if anyone heard of the game before. I was browsing the Steam Store
 just for a little update, then seen that just-released cheap game for $9,00.
 You can pre-load the game if you purchased it, but the game is only going to
 be playable the 15th of this month. Which kinda sucks ATM.

As you can see, the game apparently will generate a gameplay track
 depending on the music you picked and yes you can add your own music too.
 This may look close to DDR, in fact it is, however it plays completely
 differently.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkiMMjkljag[/url]

This may be the best Music-Game in a long time ever since DDR was
 created.

Last edited:

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Holy **** it looks addicting, nice find. I just don't get how the gameplay works, why is he missing some?

What makes it look so addicting is it's so catchy. :lol:

Last edited:

dub

Feb 12, 2002
And it's an indy game :D:tup:
It was a finalist in multiple categories at last years IGF and won the Seumas McNally prize. Definitely a game I will be supporting.

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
It seems like there's more than one game mode. In some youtube videos there are only two different blocks, gray ones, and the colored ones. The objective seems to be simply to avoid the gray ones and pile up on the colored ones. When you hit the gray ones it makes a nasty bump sound letting you know that you F'ed up. :D

Case in point: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RilxhtIqHwQ

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Yes there are.

The gray block mode is the easiest one called "Mono", which you can have in 3 different level. Elite being my personal favorite. Right mouse remove all useless blocks from your setup, while Left mouse makes your craft lift up. Apparently you get some bonus point for jumping over gray blocks.

You also have the "Pusher" (silly I know) which is a craft that can push blocks on the left of right, depending on which mouse click you held down when passing over a block.

"Pointman" can pick up colors you want to save for later, like if you want that red block to be completely on the left, just hold down left mouse and release it while standing on the left line of your setup to lay it down by pressing right mouse.

A "Double Craft" mode, which I haven't tried yet (Not available in the beta demo) but you can either play 2 craft on your own or bring a friend. I'd recomend a friend on elite, lol.

A "Eraser" that is self explanatory. ETC ETC ETC. Awesome game for 10 bucks. Friday is far away.
But seriously, they really need to rename the "Pusher" craft. No need to tell why.

Last edited:

Agent_5

Replica?
Jan 24, 2004
UT
I remember a minigame sort of like this at best game ever. Not surprising they're behind this game. I remember the old version also being boring after the first few tracks - not sure if I'll have the same problem with this one.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Verdict? Awesomeness.
There are some picky bugs at the moment, but they will more likely get fixed.

The online leader board is working well, you can see the track layout of each players so it could help to spot if someone got a glitch track and got first on the board. I think the tracks are close to identical but I am not sure yet.

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
I gotta give a big +1 on the awesomeness.

Holy crap, this game is binary crack! :D

I haven't tried anything but mono. I'm having too much fun with it to move on to anything more challenging. It's intense! I love it! :tup:

Kantham, do you use keyboard or mouse? I'm finding myself to prefer mouse, because you can hang out between lanes to hit the blocks in both lanes without having to move. That, and it just feels more natural to me.

edit - What's your user name? I wanna compete against you. :D

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Yeah mouse all the way for me too.

I also am a fan of Mono, like the vast majority of players on this game, but since the scores are mixed for each difficulty, you'll see players eventually get on the top of the leader board with crafts like "Double vision" or "Eraser" since they can get more points overall, and are way harder to play with since you have to learn the track by heart to score the maximum points. It's just a matter of time before this happen.

When I play with the mono I only play on Elite, the "3-lane pickup" feature of the mono craft is way too useful to drop behind, however, it's a bitch if you accidentaly hit a gray block so I use it really wisely. Once you got used to the speed and hardcoreness of this game you don't want to look behind. Some tracks are way harder than others. I just got a perfect track on Muse-Bliss today, I think I'm still the number 1 player for this song on Elite.

My name is the same there. Add me as a friend.
Anyone else feel free to do so as well.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
The points given when you touch a good block is quite low (Around 60) but the faster the game track is, the more points you get. Especially when it's hard red. I don't know for the 3 lane but I doubt it reduce points. The 3 lane pickup feature is quite easy to get fooled with in the first place.

Yeah the update was really small.

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Dude, you are out of your mind for getting a perfect game on Bliss.

By perfect you mean you hit every color block, absolutely no grays? Jesus Christ this is difficult man! :lol:

Is it even worth it to try though? Won't I just get the same score as you if I perfect it?

EDIT - F*****CCCCKK!!! WHAT THE HELL IS THIS GARBAGE! THIS IS COMPLETE BS! I'm going on 20 attempts now! This is impossible, you definitely aimbotted, wallhacked, skincheated, etc... :mad:

Last edited: