UE1 - UT Getting rid of a dependency that shouldn't be there

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Chopin

Aug 23, 2005
I placed an actor from a certain mod in my map, and after several saves later I took the actor out. Yet for some reason the dependency is still there. If I try to play the map without that mod in my UT folder it won't lauch the map, it gives me a missing file error. I am 100% certain I deleted all actors from the map that depended on that mod. How do I get rid of the dependency from the map?

Thanks

Bloeb

Mar 21, 2010
It may sound silly, but the map still contains a reference. This could be a property in one of your other actors or maybe you accidently used a texture that is embedded in actor. Also check your actors in the actors-browers (Edit->Search for Actors...)

edit:

If you can't find the reference you could try the following fixes:
1. Copy all brushes (without the other actors) to a new map.
2. Build the map
3. Check if the reference is gone (try the TextureCull-command if not).
4. Then do the same for the lights and the other actors untill you've found the reference.

Last edited: