COD: MW2 Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Cr4zyB4st4rd

I make awesome ©
Aug 8, 2008
P'Boro, UK
Why cut them from the game and then have it in the final release? Would be stupid, no?

If it was supposed to be DLC IW are seriously ****ed up.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
There's some interesting stuff on that blog. I put it in Google Reader so I can keep an eye on just how far crackers are able to take MW2. Maybe in the end it'll be worth getting and cracking open to play freely. :)

Here's a post about screwing with everyone's connections when you host. I doubt anyone would stick around but still. D:

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
Why cut them from the game and then have it in the final release? Would be stupid, no?

It's easier to simply disable something than to remove it entire and deal with the extra debugging that would incur. See the KOTOR II mod that restores old content/GTA hot coffee issues, etc.

~Jason

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Okay so, that map is terrible.

[screenshot]http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/1315/lulzy.jpg[/screenshot]

There's a spot where you can camp the whole game on nearly all advantage points, (see ladder in screenshot? you can get there from that roof by jumping in the window, or take the front or back door, which leads to suicidal stairs, so I prefer the roof)

Take note that most of these kills are weapons/knife made.

M4 + HB sensor, Stopping power, Scavenger, and Commando. With a gunship I imagine I'd have gotten 50 something.

Invasion is interesting though, probably my favorite.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Also, painkiller is ****ing ridiculous on scrapyard. Actually, overall. Except that since Scrapyard's so small, it makes it completely non-sense. It's nearly as if someone would have spawn protection for 8-9 seconds. Now imagine this with someone +/- better than you are.

Otherwise, the game can get really fun, and rewarding. But the core gameplay is definitively easier because of the actual mega-consolized-recoil reduction. Nubtubes are deadlier and even more annoying than ever before.

Another annoying thing is how you get killed even after taking cover because of "lag". This, of course, all thanks to the P2P system! Actual bullet tracing doesn't lag, though. So that's a O.K. I guess.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Oh and, there definitively are aimbotters in the game. Earlier we had some kid constantly yelling at us on how us (n!ggers) would die whilst he's cheating at some video games. :)

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
The game launched itself this morning when I turned my computer on. Went to check it out on Steam forums, apparently other users have been having this problem aswell :(

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
The game launched itself this morning when I turned my computer on. Went to check it out on Steam forums, apparently other users have been having this problem aswell :(
My computer did some updates and restarted. I left for a couple of hours and came back and MW2 was running. Nice......

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
Wait, when did you become a defense attorney? Objection, your honor! Supposition!

~Jason

I haven't become a defense attorney (really!).
I just see this sort of uninformed reaction a lot, and being on both the developing and receiving end of games as opposed to just the receiving end, it's really hard for me to not comment on that kind of stuff. Even if it's MW2. It's like an audience of random book/novel/short story readers defining what the writer's thought and creation process was.

Grobut

Комиссар Гробут
Oct 27, 2004
Soviet Denmark
The joys of P2P just keeps on giving:

The IW forums are alight with news that IW.Net is beeing used to spread Trojans, especially one called "TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen" seems very common at the moment.

If this came as a suprice to anyone, please punish yourself in some appropriate manner for your naiveté, to play online you basically have to cripple your Router's defenses, it was only a matter of time before someone got wise to this, and decided to exploit it.

xMurphyx

Jun 2, 2008
liandri.darkbb.com
Or just cut from the game because of lack of balance. Conclusions and jumping.
Fair enough. It was meant more as a joke than a serious statement.

It wouldn't be the first time a game had content it shipped with unlocked as DLC though.
E.g. Unreal Championship 2. The content that was unlocked there was arguably also locked because of balancing and at some point they probably just thought, what the hell, it's not that bad. The fun you can have with it outweighs the balancing problems. So they unlocked it as part of free DLC.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
If this came as a suprice to anyone, please punish yourself in some appropriate manner for your naiveté, to play online you basically have to cripple your Router's defenses, it was only a matter of time before someone got wise to this, and decided to exploit it.

You only have to open up one port, and that is if you want to be a host. If anything Borderlands puts you more at risk.