January XMP nights!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
Happy New Year!

The fact that we got 6 players playing at the same time on New Year's Eve (was expecting none...) means we've pretty much established the time last year. So for 2009 I suggest we keep it the same:

Every Wednesday at 8PM EST, on Chapter 1's server.

And for January, the Wednesdays are on:
7, 14, 21, 28

Now that the season's over, and the money spent, what better to do then to stay home and play some XMP for free? lololol

See you in game!

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
Hey people. The first Wednesday this year we didn't have many players come out, perhaps because people were kinda busy still?

This past Wednesday though, we had quite a crowd, and I played over 3 hours.

First the people, thx for coming. GGs!
  • Maxx
  • YUCK_FOU
  • Tak
  • crysis
  • MaskedBandit
  • ZombieWooF
  • artHeist
  • Hayabusa
  • hofosho
  • Glee
  • CannonFodder
  • Demerol

We played these maps (time in EST):
  • 8:32 - Garden Baseline
  • 9:15 - Nakoja
  • 9:27 - Rampant
  • 9:32 - FreeFall Returns
  • 9:46 - Garden Sideline
  • 9:58 - Ramp Roids
  • 10:12 - SunsetBeach Frontline
  • 10:58 - Garden
  • 11:07 - Lowlands
  • 11:13 - Sirocco
  • 11:41 - Alcazar
  • 11:51 - CBP Wonderwoods
  • 11:59 - Nakoja
  • 12:13 - Rampant

That's over 3 hours of XMP! :D See you next week!

Attachments

• xmp090114a.JPG
    xmp090114a.JPG
    564.5 KB · Views: 18
  • xmp090114b.JPG
    xmp090114b.JPG
    615.5 KB · Views: 15

]BERSERK[

[pet]mouse
Jul 13, 2004
If snake post a pictures of his genital, I'm gonna play xmp next wednesday... That and ice cream.

Mar 6, 2004
So the cod4 clan i am trying to rejoin likes UT99 so i gave them a video of xmp, and the free download link and they may come. We had 6 or 7 of these guys playing.

PETsnake

www.p3t.org bitch
Feb 25, 2004
i forgot about xmp

looks like there are a lot of people coming out for games, i'll try to get half a dozen people to join next week, i have been forgeting. And for the record my genitals wouldn't fit on a standard resolution screen.

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
Maxx? Who's playing as Maxx? God how I miss this game. I've lost all my discs, I'm seriously considering getting another copy and see about playing it again once in awhile.

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
Well I've already got Xaero interested. Washuu has been notified. As soon as I catch PRG and Ravage online I'll buzz them too. Wednesdays are almost always a no go for me unless its late. With enough interest maybe we could put together a weekend night game.

Mar 6, 2004
Maxx? Who's playing as Maxx? God how I miss this game. I've lost all my discs, I'm seriously considering getting another copy and see about playing it again once in awhile.

A faker, a few weeks back we had someone pretending to be MikeSobe. He said he was Maxx from vd, i did not buy it because he knew WAY too much for someone who was gone for years.

Mar 6, 2004
Well I've already got Xaero interested. Washuu has been notified. As soon as I catch PRG and Ravage online I'll buzz them too. Wednesdays are almost always a no go for me unless its late. With enough interest maybe we could put together a weekend night game.

I have PRG on my xfire, he does not wanna play XMP anymore.

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
Someone posing as me...was he being a douche? In a weird way it's kind of a complement...lol.

regarding PRG: tell that punk to at least swing by the board here.

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
PRG! You're the punk...that's what the "P" stands for, hey you picked the name..lol. This is kinda cool, at least for one thread it almost feels like 2003 Here's to being sentimental!

VD-Ravage

Nov 7, 2004
Talk about a morning filled with nostalgia

I got a note about this thread. Man, the good old days. I can still remember the massive city map I was building for this. My UTEdit skills were always pretty crude, and the limits to what you could expect the engine to support were harsh, but I always dreamed of making a city map that people could bang around in. The rolling hills were nice, sure... but all the turrets, vehicles, fences, mines and sniping would have loved a serious urban setup.

XMP was the best... I wish it could come back. Onslaught was such a crappy hack of it. The whole CTF/Domination split made resouce management important and added stronger strategy elements to the game. It was more mentally engaging than the linear rush of Onslaught. I also LOVE friendly fire. More realistic, and made spamming a risky venture.

washuu

A Lazy XMP Beta Tester
Oct 18, 2003
Minnesota
www.washuu.org
Oh hey, what's going on in this thread?

Got a text(aim fowarding) of a beyondunreal thread and was like, wth?

Then I got another message at work and followed :D

MUST PLAY XMP AGAIN. I have yet to be as pleased as multiplayer, unless those memories are now distant and became fantasies...

Last edited: