Unreal Tournament 3 Tweaker

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BradG

Jan 20, 2008
updated preview:

[screenshot]http://aycu24.webshots.com/image/41783/2004023858335680956_rs.jpg[/screenshot]
Indepth configuration and support for USB wired or wireless XBOX Controllers. weapon sensitivity will be an included option to make the game easier to play with a controller

I Have reworked the Manual install of maps and mutators as it was too messy on the eyes. I have gone for a more simpler look.

[screenshot]http://aycu33.webshots.com/image/44192/2006046477604323047_rs.jpg[/screenshot]

you may notice that its a zip file waiting to be installed. no more will you have to place the loose files in the dump directory. there are now two folders. one for maps, and one for mutators. download your maps and mutators in to these folders and just click install without having to unzip them

The third screenshot shows the Cache Convertor
[screenshot]http://aycu29.webshots.com/image/41468/2006090736920498423_rs.jpg[/screenshot]

Very simple to use. Maps in your cache are displayed on the left hand side, and mutators are displayed on the right.

Simply tick the ones you want, and click convert. they will be restored to their original file types and automatically installed in to your games directories so you can host them in your own games.
I will also add a cleaner button, which removes the ones you dont want.

For anyone who does not know what a cache convertor does:
When you connect to a server sometimes you have to wait for the download of a custom map, or a mutator for example. these files which are downloaded are stored in a cache folder. by using this tool you can convert them so you can host them on your own games for instance.

A new feature is currently under development for the UT3 Tweaker which can be used to configure dedicated servers

[screenshot]http://aycu10.webshots.com/image/43889/2005196629392962092_rs.jpg[/screenshot]

By selecting the game type you wish to host, you will be displayed all stock, and custom maps for that game type so you can easily create map rotations. Please note that this edits the game.ini file for you so you dont have to go around copying and pasting information.

After reading Dubious's post located here
http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=591920

i learned that the majority of the settings can be done through the ini files dispite them being scattered around.

By using the slide bars you can see in the picture, you can change these settings on the fly.

Once you click apply, the ini files will be changed, and a popup window will show displaying the remainder of the commandline which you will need to add to the games shortcut as you would normally

MasterB

Feb 16, 2008
This is such a great program.

This is such a great program.
I sure would like to see you drop the mutator files into the User directory rather than the Install directory.
Almost all of the install instructions that come with mutators state to place the files in the User sub-directories. If you already have files there then use your program, it places files in both areas which is messy and can cause error messages.
I understand that it may be too late at this point.
Would you consider 2 versions or adding a user selectable single version?

BradG

Jan 20, 2008
if you have instruction files for mutators which are installed in the users DIR, could you please email or copy and paste the instructions in this thread for me to take a look at?

im reluctant to do this incase its not stable or causes errors, but i do agree with you that it would be better in the same DIR as where the maps are contained. I will look in to it, but il only do it if im confident its stable

MasterB

Feb 16, 2008
if you have instruction files for mutators which are installed in the users DIR, could you please email or copy and paste the instructions in this thread for me to take a look at?

im reluctant to do this incase its not stable or causes errors, but i do agree with you that it would be better in the same DIR as where the maps are contained. I will look in to it, but il only do it if im confident its stable

I pulled all of these from the Readme's.
Every one I had instructed the mutator to be installed in the User directory.

Advanced Scoreboard
Extract to folders to C:\Documents and Settings\<name>\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\

Sentinel UT3 (Hot, Hot, Hot)
Extract the zip to "My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\".

SpeedBump mutator for Unreal Tournament 3
Installation : Unzip the zip file with directory structure intact to your My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame folder.

Raggy Weapons
Installation : Unzip the zip file contents into your MyDocuments\My Games\UT3\UTGame folder.

Jetpack mutator for Unreal Tournament 3
Installation : Unzip the zip file with directory structure intact to your My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame folder.

Bouncy Rockets Mutator - By MavisPuford
Just extract the zip contents into the "Unreal Tournament 3" folder in your "My Documents" folder.

Gibalicious UT3
Extract the zip to "My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\".

Action Cam v1.0 Initial Release
To install: Copy the provided folder to: \My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\

DropItAll mutator for Unreal Tournament 3
Installation : Unzip the zip file with directory structure intact to your MyDocuments\My Games\UT3\UTGame folder.

Massacre Mutator
Installation: extract the Published, Localization, Config folders into your
..\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame folder. This folder is normally found in your my Documents folder.

toniglandyl

internal data fragmentation : 62203480%
Jan 20, 2006
diceedge.blogspot.com
I keep having a connection failed when I try to get news or download mutators/maps thingy :/
(internet works fine over here)

oh and just a tip : when you ask the UTGame and installation folders, put an example (for me it isn't obvious that the UTgame folder is the one in the mydocuments)

BradG

Jan 20, 2008
thanks for the info .. il play around with it when ive got some other things sorted

BradG

Jan 20, 2008
I keep having a connection failed when I try to get news or download mutators/maps thingy :/
(internet works fine over here)

oh and just a tip : when you ask the UTGame and installation folders, put an example (for me it isn't obvious that the UTgame folder is the one in the mydocuments)

sometimes the servers down.. but if your always getting the connection failed message then check your firewall settings to make sure the app is allowed.

and as for the tip..... there is an example at the top of the directory selection window which reads:
---------------------
Select the *UTGame* folder what contains all your ini files. This could be located in my Documents\My Games\UT3
---------------------

Anuban

Your reward is that you are still alive
Apr 4, 2005
Every single one of my mutators executable files (.u files) is installed in the following directory:
c:\Unreal Tournament3\UTGame\CookedPC

The ini files for each of the mutators are stored in \MyGames\Unreal Tournament3\Config

All of my mutators work fine and just like they are supposed to work. :)

BradG

Jan 20, 2008
Every single one of my mutators executable files (.u files) is installed in the following directory:
c:\Unreal Tournament3\UTGame\CookedPC

The ini files for each of the mutators are stored in \MyGames\Unreal Tournament3\Config

All of my mutators work fine and just like they are supposed to work. :)

thats how the application is coded.. just some are not happy with it

BradG

Jan 20, 2008
righty... been a long day but needed to catch up a tad with this upgrade.

so after today:

I have finished coding the XBOX controller. ive tested it to see if it adds the codes to the UTInput correctly and it does. my main perogative was to make sure it did not overwrite any custom keybinds in there. so im stamping this tool as ready for beta release.

Map Cache convertor:
Finished, tested and working. I have made some plans for the mutator convertor, but am yet to try these plans out. im sure people wont mind waiting a version for mutator cache converting

Multiple Profiles:
finished coding the creation of new profile sets. just need to code it so you can select which profile to use ( less than half hours work)

Server Configuration:
Half done, and not a large task to complete anyway.

so in summary:
I Expect a beta version will be released over the next couple of days, and with a projected release date of 23/02/08

BradG

Jan 20, 2008
ok. another feature just finished, tested and working :)

[screenshot]http://aycu38.webshots.com/image/42037/2000163436967343614_rs.jpg[/screenshot]

now you can simply download ZIP files for maps or mutators in to the dump directory of the tweaker, and just click install. no longer will you need to extract zip files

Ive also fixed the bug where manual installs was not adding themselves to the uninstall list

BradG

Jan 20, 2008
Unreal Tournament 3 Tweaker V5.0 approaching release

I had my work cut out with this version with a few new things implemented which were tricky to code to say the least.

XBOX Controller Support!
[screenshot]http://aycu31.webshots.com/image/42030/2001736083513876611_rs.jpg[/screenshot]

Now you will be able to configure your xbox controller to use on your pc, with unreal tournament 3.

Profile Management
[screenshot]http://aycu16.webshots.com/image/44535/2001735109622793604_rs.jpg[/screenshot]

This grants you the ability to create multiple sets of your ini files and group them with a profile name. This way you can tweak the settings really high and call the profile "for testing my mods" and another profile with not so high settings so you can play the game more smoothly, which you could called "My Gaming profile" for example. now you can simply select which profile to use, and click activate, allowing you to switch to and from profiles on the fly.

Cache convertor
[screenshot]http://aycu19.webshots.com/image/46138/2001777334957436241_rs.jpg[/screenshot]

Yes its been long awaited, and long over due. the ability to convert those maps you have downloaded from servers upon joining in to playable maps you can host and enjoy. Im not entirely confident with the stability of the mutator cache converting so that feature is disabled for the time being. never the less you can convert any maps.

Dedicated server configuration
[screenshot]http://aycu19.webshots.com/image/44538/2001770550314165130_rs.jpg[/screenshot]

if you run a dedicated server, you will now the burdensome task of preparing the long command lines to add to the games extension. Using the interface for dedicated server management, you can configure the majority of the settings stored in the ini files, eliminating the need for those lengthly commands. upon clicking generate, the short command left over which contains information such as the admin username and password is displayed to you ready to be used with the games .exe

Manual installation of maps and mutators INSTALL FROM ZIP FILES!!!
[screenshot]http://aycu19.webshots.com/image/44538/2001701811597490272_rs.jpg[/screenshot][screenshot]http://aycu39.webshots.com/image/43198/2001764061918274797_rs.jpg[/screenshot]

This has been drastically revised. why? well its looked terrible for a start all crammed together. now the dump folder contains two folders. one called maps, and one called mutators. before you had to unzip the files in to the dump folder making sure you do not put any folders inside there. Well good news! UT3T now knows what a zip file is! you can simply download your maps and mutators as zip files in to the corresponding dump folder and click install. Thats it! no more do you have to extract the zip files. the tweaker does it for you, and naturally then installs them for you.

Help archives
With Ultrons consent, i have added Ultrons Tweak Guide to the Tweaker

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bugs squashed

Screenshot Manager
The bug where some people could not see their screenshots in the screenshot manager has now been resolved

stuck in a loop
some people were getting stuck in a loop when trying to alter the gore level, or changing the port number server setting. This has been resolved

could not load directory mutator/news
you may have noticed that if you were to click on a news article while browsing mutators you would receive an error. this has been resolved

manual installed maps not adding to uninstall list
fixed

----------------------------

I think that about covers it.

Beta runs will commence over the next couple of days.

The projected release date for Version 5.0 is 23/02/2008

Larkin

Gone
Apr 4, 2006
Those are some really nice adds BradG and the xbox controller one interests me allot.

haslo

Moar Pie!
Jan 21, 2008
Bern CH
www.haslo.ch
Looks lovely, I'm particularly looking forward to profiles :)

For me it'll be a "highest settings" for playing and "lower settings" for testing my maps though :p

BradG

Jan 20, 2008
[screenshot]http://aycu14.webshots.com/image/42893/2003936585805618946_rs.jpg[/screenshot]

:)