Voice Actors

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

leilei

ANIME ELF'S !!
Jan 20, 2008
Can Lani Minella return as Female Voice?

What about the UT announcer? Everyone liked that radio DJ voice announcing rewards.

Maybe Flak can voice!

Rohit

May 29, 2008
Please use actual humans for combatant voices/taunts. UT2K4's male voices may as well have been from generic orcs.

UnrealGrrl

Enemy flag carrier is Her!
Jun 16, 2000
www.unrealgrrl.com
I just hope they allow for voice content to be produced in voicepacks that can be used on servers again. that got mostly lost in 2k4 and completely in ut3...

brdempsey69

Original UT Owns !!
Jun 19, 2003
Visit site
I just hope they allow for voice content to be produced in voicepacks that can be used on servers again. that got mostly lost in 2k4 and completely in ut3...

You got that right & you know I'm know with you lock, stock, and barrel on that one. Patch 2.0 and 2.1 for UT3 totally negated the work you had done for the Xeno models.

Of course, the biggest copout that I've heard is "taunts get repetitive & break my concentration" (see a post made by one individual on this thread HERE -- it's just downright silly, as he claims it breaks his concentration in botmatches ) , but last time I checked ALL the sounds in ALL UT games were repetitive.

Therefore the Taunt system should be just like in original UT with the client-side option to disable them & allow custom voicepacks to easily brought into the game, like this one here ( and some of Duke's Taunts are really NASTY ).

duke.jpg

leilei

ANIME ELF'S !!
Jan 20, 2008
Duke is nasty? When Duke3D came out, people wanted nastier. In comes FMJ.RTS....

The problem with the taunt system in UT/UT2/UT3 is that there is a hard limit on the amount of taunts (48 for UT2 for example) and they have a 100% chance of playing upon kill. A good player with auto-taunt would get old fast.

Last edited:

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008
Heh, I can remember 1v1's in UT in which more taunts were used than ammunition. It was part of the fun, but the versions that followed completely ruined it. This is one area where they need to go back to the original and keep it that way. If they get annoying, fix auto-taunt and the bots, not eff up the taunt system.

leilei

ANIME ELF'S !!
Jan 20, 2008
^ That idea's so great i'm surprised no one's done it for any UT before (and instead, UT2 gets a mess of Shirley Temple wannabe voicepacks, because what people want in that game are female child actors)

similarly, I wouldn't mind Dana Snyder and Adam Sandler either. Somebody's gotta give those kralls a voice that aren't the male voices filtered down.

Last edited:

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
I'd really like to see something similar to UC2 announcer, that was pure evil awesomeness.

Attachments

• double.wav
    170.5 KB · Views: 22
  • multi.wav
    213.3 KB · Views: 16
  • rampage.wav
    227.5 KB · Views: 13