A question for the Uzi enthusiasts!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Robertson

MarSec/Sentinel Team Captain
Sep 19, 2000
www.marsec.f2s.com
Just to settle an argument among some colleagues at work. In what year (roughly) did the IMI Mini-Uzi become availible, both in use within the U.S Secret Service and Black Market?

Thanks for anyone that can help with this. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Robertson

Sep 19, 2000
www.marsec.f2s.com
The argument is still raging.

So far two of them say that it came out in the early nineties, but most of us (myself included) are sure that it was more like 1984/85 or around that time.
Despite searching the web and asking some of our friends that are still in the forces no-one really knows!!

The reason why this argument started was that one of our team wanted to create a map that was themed for around 1984 - with period decoration and custom prefabs (including a Red Lamborghini that plays the miami-vice theme on its radio). For authenticity he wanted to include weapon restrictions for that year in the map too, but seemed to think that the Mini-Uzi didn't exist back then, thus starting the whole thing.

Sorry for being a pest, we just thought that some of you might be able to shed some light on this puzzle for us.

Thanks /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

[This message was edited by Robertson on Sep 21, 2000 at 09:06.]

Lance201

Jan 31, 2000
Germany
Visit site
uzi.... oh man

I had to live with this bitch during my whole military time (not the mini of cause but several types of the normal one) and I hate this thing! Because of the missing safetyswitch we had a lot of accidents... falling down and ... one stack out ... sometimes in buildings... sometimes in a truck... but good luck no one got hurt by this "weapon". btw. some of them had a wooden butt looked really shitty!

LCPL TWENTY

Robertson

Sep 19, 2000
www.marsec.f2s.com
Yes I remember that - the original versions of the Uzi that were released had that pug-ugly wooden stock instead of the metal slide-out one. It made it harder to store and/or carry around - especially in a cramped truck or APC.

Some of my colleagues prefer the Cobray (later the MAC) subs like the MAC-10 and 11/9, but overall I still feel that the more expensive but far more superior MP5 series was far better - the slower ROF made it more accurate/easier to aim for a start.

Heheheh, better be careful before I get bitched at for digressing. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Lance201

Jan 31, 2000
Germany
Visit site
UZI

I didn´t like it but I love the history of this weapon, and the way it works, only a few parts and the princip of the "Masseverschluss" sorry but I only know the german word. I remember that firing this thing at the trainingrange was very funny, because if you fire a burst of for example ten shots may be... only one or two shots hit the target.. the rest was gone over it or to the right site.

LCPL TWENTY

Robertson

Sep 19, 2000
www.marsec.f2s.com
Found a site with 'some' info about the mini uzi, including a small pic, but again there's no release date on when it came out. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

http://www.remtek.com/arms/imi/uzi/mini/miniuzi.htm

mini.gif
[/IMG]

Oh well.