Unreal II: XMP Preview

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

QAPete

Chief Muckety Muck
Aug 17, 1999
Pottstown, PA, USA
www.beyondunreal.com
Bytesector.com posted their preview of Unreal II: XMP, including some new screenshots:

The gameplay is very similar to that of The Awakening. The only major differences are the added interactivity with the surrounding environment. With the addition of vehicles there must be a way to control both the direction of the turret and also the direction of the vehicle. I found that the steering of the vehicle was sluggish and didn't respond right away while the vehicle would stop almost instantly after releasing the gas. This I found a little annoying because it made controlling the vehicle that much harder. The hacking ability made things interesting because as a player you could hack control panels that open doors. When you do this it is set so only your team members can open that door, unless an enemy gets in a hacks it (then it won't let you pass). Any item (both vehicle and hackable items) that can be "used" appear with a grid over them when they are approached. This is a very nice way of implementing the feature because there aren't boxes appearing on the screen (highlighting the useable items) which usually cause visual distractions or get in the way at a very crucial point.

Read more, and be sure to check out BeyondUnreal's huge preview of XMP.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
that was the worst XMP preview I ever spent time looking at.

The author certainly hadn't played the game more than 5-10 minutes before writing it. The gameplay is nothing like the gameplay in the Single Player game. Absolutely nothing like it. The screenshots were horrible, that synopsis of the vehicles is worthless, as they are changed nearly every patch at the moment...

not a good read :tdown: