cpu usage at 100% help

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

[OF]candyman

Nov 24, 1999
OHIO
www.iamapervert.com
I do not run a server but while playing ut (on my personal computer my cpu usage is 100% is that normal?? I am playing on that machine and had bots in.......
my system specs are
k6-2 400
128 meggs ram
rage fury 32 megg
why on earth would my cpu be at 100% the whole time while playing

again this is not a server and the only time i have heard of cpu usage in a game is while someone has a server up and they were not playing on that server

OllieGDT

Nov 26, 1999
Dover,DE,USA
Visit site
The fact that you are running a server whether on the Internet or not will most likely slow down the game, but I really don't think it would make your CPU usage rise like that. Make sure you do not having any other programs running in the background that may use CPU bandwidth. Also, what OS are you using. I have heard that Linux does the best for running a server. Hopefully some of the guys with more experience will jump in.

Status
Not open for further replies.