CTF-FacePalm WIP

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

dr.flay

Dr.Flay™
Sep 19, 2011
Kernow, UK
yourunreal.wordpress.com
CTF-FacePalm-02.jpg

We all seem to be very attached to certain classic maps, such as Facing-Worlds, Morbias, Morpheus, and Deck 16.
There have been tons of remakes over the years. Indeed we have a couple of crackers in the ut99.org 2012 Xmas map-pack.
The winner was in fact one of the best "Face" remakes we have seen in a long time.

Well it seems us lucky UT fans are about to get another treat, from another UT-Jedi. The awesome Creavion.
Anyone familiar with Creavion's maps, will know why I often call him Creavion "Lord of the Jungle".
Anyone not familiar with his maps, well you really have missed-out on something special.
His last map DM-FeelNaPali is a very pleasant place to kill your friends in.
If you get the UT99.org Map-pack 2 and you will find a few large and lush paradises to disappear into.
One of them is a Monster-Hunt, but I favour adding spawning Dinosaurs, monsters and/or zombies to the others anyway.
UTR - UT Community Map Pack 2 (This pack installs UT2K4 style pickups)
There is also a Hi-Res texture pack available for the "Antalius" map available, which you can find at "Your Unreal"

It seems that Creavion has decided he wants to do a remake this-time, but done Creav-style.

A few of us have been kept posted on the WIP, and as it is getting close to finished I'm here to let you luvly peeps in on it too.

I've started a WIP album at "Your Unreal" so those interested can have a peek.
CTF-FacePalm-01.jpg
CTF-FacePalm-04.jpg

This map uses Hi-Res textures by default, so you will need current video renderers.
CTF-FacePalm-03.jpg

You can check more out and leave comments at CTF-FacePalm (WIP)
Or visit UT99.org | Unreal Tournament Community and give Creavion a shout.

Falling off the edge in this is gonna give vertigo sufferers a problem !

Both towers are different as 1 stays in the shade it is lifeless, whereas the other is covered in greenery.
You will also notice a new area to the side of the bridge, we can use.
Mmmm, this is shaping-up well, and would look best with modern Hi-Res weapons like NW3.

Last edited:

dr.flay

Dr.Flay™
Sep 19, 2011
Kernow, UK
yourunreal.wordpress.com
I gotta post an update here with some new shots.
The trees and foliage are all in, and the finishing touches are being done.

For now just check the link to the official thread, or the album and I'll post soon.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
good one!

yes, texture file is rather large (also meshes in u file as well), but worth it. This one has a great jungle theme, surrounding scene, vegetation, palm trees, textures/meshes and lighting/shadows. Also cool are the skybox, torches, vines and Aztec/Mayan-type panels/writings. Obviously, standard Face gameplay and bots are good as well. I usually don’t try that many Face maps anymore, but thought I’d give this one a go.

BigSpeck

Aug 1, 2011
This is actually a really fun variation on Facing Worlds, even if it isn't that different. I love Facing Worlds as much as the next guy, but it can get played a bit too much - so having variants on it like this is great to keep the variety going.