spawning

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

madmoo

elite parkour ninja
Jan 29, 2006
in all my 10 levels i have made i always die on spawn even when i put no bots on to transfrag me. plaese help. i use ed 1.0 and ed 2.0. i have foloed many a tutotial but i cant get my maps to work

3d_man

Feb 3, 2006
I'm having trouble placing PlayerStarts.

Could someone please help me out?

I've done the right click>Add PlayerStart here but nothing happens

3d_man

Feb 3, 2006
Okay I think I figured out why I was getting that error.

I was able to place a PlayerStart, but only through copying and pasting one from another level. (How can I fix it so I can place one by right clicking?) It seems like I have to place one right away before I get anywhere with my level...I've built levels and then was not able to place one after that.

Secondly, when I do paste the PlayerStart into the level, place it where I want it (on the floor) and do a rebuild...it pops it up a few feet. Why is it doing this??

Nimbostratus

Aug 12, 2004
New Jersey, USA
3d_man said:
Okay I think I figured out why I was getting that error.

I was able to place a PlayerStart, but only through copying and pasting one from another level. (How can I fix it so I can place one by right clicking?) It seems like I have to place one right away before I get anywhere with my level...I've built levels and then was not able to place one after that.

Secondly, when I do paste the PlayerStart into the level, place it where I want it (on the floor) and do a rebuild...it pops it up a few feet. Why is it doing this??

No idea what's causing the first problem. As for the second one, the editor is just setting the playerstarts to the correct height. If they were on/in the ground, I think players would die as soon as they spawn.

3d_man said:
I'm having trouble placing PlayerStarts.

Could someone please help me out?

I've done the right click>Add PlayerStart here but nothing happens
I've had problems like that. If you try to place the playerstarts on steep inclines or stairs, that happens. It works best if you place them on level surfaces, but then again, I have had invisible walls on levels where I did some really bad vertex editing. It creates some really weird problems. Make sure the areas where you place the playerstarts aren't in one of these weird areas.:mwink:

3d_man

Feb 3, 2006
Nimbostratus said:
No idea what's causing the first problem. As for the second one, the editor is just setting the playerstarts to the correct height. If they were on/in the ground, I think players would die as soon as they spawn.

Thanks! I realized this after a few attempts of placing the PlayerStart around my map that it pops to where the head of the player might be.