Another clan drops out from the ILCR and from Inf!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[C22]-Mort

Retired but wearing the tag with pride!
Aug 18, 2003
Cornwall
www.morte.force9.co.uk
Looks like Catch-22, have dropped out from the ILCR read here.

It's a shame but that's two clans from ILCR euro division and 2 from US division (IIRC?).

Good Luck guys and have fun in whatever you decide to do next!!!

P.S. This ISN'T a whinge, whine, snivel or complaint, so please don't take it that way, just a small announcement that another clan has decided to find pastures new, NO hidden message or agenda! (just thought I'd better make that clear as I don't want any accusations :D )

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
I thought you dropped out from INF also :eek:

Anyway I hope the reasons for them leaving ILCR is not cause they were losing. The virtue of sportsmanship is not based on how you act when you win, but when you lose.

Deathrow

known as LifeRow
Sep 24, 2003
C22 were legendary on INF scene. Sad to hear they left ILCR (not one of the best leagues afterall).
We also have big problems with hanging in. Sometimes we can't even get 6 people for the match.
And according to rescheduled matches we are not the only one.
The problem is that public play is pretty much dead (especially EAS). And when there are no publics... who needs a league anyway.

cracwhore

I'm a video game review site...
Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
There are a few other reasons why the ILCR likes men...

Public play is indeed "low" (maybe even "lower" than low). Really depressing.

I think we should all agree to play on a certain day. Get some EAS matches going or something on Fridays or Saturdays. Some night that is most likely free for most people. I'd love to see the {GD} Server filled on Fridays again....(with scopes enabled!!)

[C22]-SpOOky

Inf Old-Timer
Oct 22, 2002
England
spooky.c-22.org
{GD}NTKB said:
I thought you dropped out from INF also :eek:

Anyway I hope the reasons for them leaving ILCR is not cause they were losing. The virtue of sportsmanship is not based on how you act when you win, but when you lose.
As already said we was in the top 3 with games in hand So that has definatly Nothing to do with it

The fact is we cant get enough players to play and thats due to a lack of public eas
We was playing TDM 2.86 right up untill 2.9 came out
Going back to playing TDM is not an option for us .. we played enough of that already and EAS is almost dead on the public servers

That said i would now like to salute those of you who are left playing Inf and thank Everyone who has played a part the creation and development Of this Truely remarkable game
It believe If Inf was not still on such an old engine we would have seen a massive infux of new players But unfortunaly not many people are still looking for mod for such an old game and this has lead to a constant shinkage of our community

I have played for over 5 years and it has been the most fun ive had online and this game and community has had many knock on effects to my life
most of which are posative ones
So seeing as im now bowing out (atleast untill INF Migrates to a new engine) Id like to thank everyone whom ive played with and against for a very fun time

My Highlights playing Inf have been the big match vs Infocers in the ilcr on the peru map ..Longest and most tence match i ever played
Also The 2V2 match me and dragoon played vs BB (as seen in my Inf Bitchin Movie)
And the making of my Benny Inf movie (Thanks to all those who took part)
All the time spent playing with C-22, Playing with them has been a great experiance and the hard work put in by them all when ever prepareing for a match was fantastic
Also the big party we had in yahoo chat after the ILCR Inforcers match on peru when we took the ILCR title and the die mebers joined to congratulate us

Ive had soo many great memories of Inf i cant list them all But i would like to say a BIG thank you to the Inforcers who gave us the best/toughest matchs
Also for giveing me my first clan experiance

Thanks

ps: even special thanks to COUNTESS whom has been my arch enemy for years
without you Inf would have been a less interesting place,
My hunger for wanting to kick your ass has helped keep me playing Infiltration for a long time ;)
Salute

Last edited:

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
On the bright side, Inf will be utterly without serious competition when it does make it to vaguelly current technology.

shan

www.clanterritory.com
Jan 29, 2000
Portland, OR
www.clanterritory.com
I also want to note that at least on the TDM/DTAS side, I am seeing a lot of new faces on my servers. There is new blood or at least returning blood coming into the community.

We may be losing some but, if anything, my servers are getting busier rather than slower and that is a good sign for the community.

shan

www.clanterritory.com
Jan 29, 2000
Portland, OR
www.clanterritory.com
As long as the community grows it does not really matter where they play, does it? As long as they are playing I will be happy.

And besides, people always come and people always go. We will lose a lot of people for a short time then get them back when the bonus packs, etc. come out. Most of the people that have been posting these long narratives about how they are leaving the community can still be found on the servers from time to time. Let them go and try out the other games...they will be back because Infiltration is the best out there, irregarless of what engine it is running on. Show me something better.

{GD}Ghost

Counter Terrorist Operative
Mar 25, 2001
Classified
home.attbi.com
I think that right now, we are in a viciuos cycle. This year is the year of FPS games. There are so many coming out that are far beyond INF in so many different ways. People will naturally want to try them out and many will like them enough to make them their main game. However, INF is unique enough that people will come back once in a while to play.....when there are enough other people online to make for a decent game, which isn't often anymore.

Honestly, the main thing keeping people here or keeping them coming back once in a while, is the fact that INF uses iron sites and free aim minus cone-fire. But without a decent sized player base and no single player/co-op game play, that is worth playing, what is there to do? {GD} will most likely never leave INF, but if INF is ever going to survive as a regularly played game online, they are going to have to be a few steps behind some of the most current games out, not light years.

I am not dogging the INF team in the least, I am simply stating a few possible reasons as to why the INF community seems to be dwindling.

If ever a new game is released, using iron sites, free aim, no cone-fire, and an up to date engine, I think INF will be doomed. I know the situation with the INF dev team, but I do hope they are not always so far behind the curve.

shan

www.clanterritory.com
Jan 29, 2000
Portland, OR
www.clanterritory.com
I agree with your points Ghost. It is essential for the community that the INF team gets something out soon and I am sure they are well aware of that and I trust them to do the right thing there.

The great thing about this situation is that Infiltration has a recipe that no game can match, either because they can't do it or because they don't want to and that is what keeps me here. Even if America's Army went to all iron sites and free aim tomorrow it still would not be as good as INF in my opinon...but it does give you an idea of what INF could look like if the 2K4 engine were used. *wipes away drool*

{GD}Ghost

Counter Terrorist Operative
Mar 25, 2001
Classified
home.attbi.com
It pains me to see clans leave INF or leave one of the last organized activities for INF players. I just think the INF team needs to decided what their goals are and how to accomplish them. If their goal is online entertainment for its past, present and future fans, they need to tailor the INF goal to include some of the newest gaming features that are included in some of the newest games. People are expecting more from games these days. A game that only uses maps the size of a few city blocks are beginning to be a thing of the past. Many people want the feel of a real military unit in the field....a field in which you cannot see off the edges or reach the ends of during regular game play. Take for instance games like Operation Flashpoint, Far Cry, and now Joint Ops, just to mention a few. Even America's Army cannot touch how these games give you the feeling of being part of a military unit out in the field on terrain that goes on as far as the eye can see and that you can actually utilize including well done wooded areas and foliage. However INF has a few things that these games don't have, but is it enough to keep people coming back more than once in a while? In my opinion, it shouldn't be a hard decision to combine the best points of INF with the best points of one or another of these newer and more capable engines....and I'm not talking UT2k4 either.

On the other hand, the INF team can say screw what people want, screw what may make online play even more enjoyable, at least to the point of there regularly being a decent amount of people online to play with, screw even trying to remotely keep up with the times. This is our project and we will do what we want because this is our project and we'll release it soon(tm) (a.k.a. when we damn well get good and ready to).

I understand fully that INF, by nature, is not for the masses, but I know for a fact that it could do a hell of a lot better than it is doing now. INF could revolutionize the gaming world, instead of merely vaugely influencing a few other mods. It all has to do with how far the team decides to go with it and how true they stick to their dedication to realism.

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
Ghost has hit the nail on the head.

Inf has a few tricks up it's sleeve that nothing else does.

Problem is those tricks are only sufficiently important to a few people.

The rest of us are going to end up playing other things that offer a better experience overall.

I am afraid to say I have deleted Inf from my hard disk (not that anyone is supposed to care, I hasten to add).

Not out of spite, but simply because I needed some space and it was the least essential thing on there.

If I want fast CQB stuff I will play Americas Army or Desert Combat. If I want realism it'll be Flashpoint or VBS1 (when my copy turns up).

Inf might be the most realistic in certain areas, but despite the miracles worked with the engine it still isn't good looking and there are rarely more than 2 or 3 games going that my ASE shows.