Help! UEd goes Boink!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Luggage

wins.
Apr 25, 2001
Germany
www.planetunreal.com
Help!
I was just editing, everything as usual (I was just importing a brush I created in 3dsMax), but then suddenly, everything went weird: I went to open the Surface Properties, but they just wouldn't open. Then I noticed that some of my tasks were now named "2 Surfaces"... The editor as well.
I also can't start a complete rebuild.
Has anyone experienced this error, and how can I fix it?
It comes again everytime I load the editor. I even uninstalled, completely removed the UT dir and reinstalled... twice!
I hope at least reinstalling Windows will help...

I run Windows 98SE on a AMD Duron 900 256Mb RAM with an ATI Radeon VE 32MB.

I also ran RegClean to check for some misled registry entry causing this bug...

Oh, almost forgot: When I close UEd, I get the attached error message.

Help! I was just being so creative!

Luggage

Luggage

wins.
Apr 25, 2001
Germany
www.planetunreal.com
Reinstalling Windows didn't help.

I just reinstalled Windows 98 1st Edition.

It didn't help. Um, someone said I'd maybe have to reinstall IE5... That reminds me that I deinstalled it because it didn't work Java correctly anymore... Maybe I should try that... Just don't have time now.

Bye! Lugg

Luggage

wins.
Apr 25, 2001
Germany
www.planetunreal.com
Works fine...

Well, IE5 seems to have been the reason... I reinstalled it, UnrealEd works fine now.

Anyway, I don't understand at all what IE has to do with UEd. Nevermind, its fixed.

Cheers, Lugg