UT2kX [Game Type] Re 1.0 Beta - Team ArenaMaster (ReTAM) + Team DeathMatch (ReTDM)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

rejecht

Attention Micronians
Jun 15, 2009
.no
sites.google.com
[Game Type] Re 1.0 Beta #4G - TAMv4, Freon v2, TDMv2

Re adds reworked versions of the popular game types Team ArenaMaster v4 (TAMv4), Freon v2, and Team DeathMatch v2 (TDMv2) to Unreal Tournament 2004 (UT2004).

Re features Tracking Damage Indicators, server option for tracking damage indicators, Camper Beacons, a separate teammate radar, country codes and flags, new bright skins, fading console messages, four different death message styles, extended control over player colors, draw detection for overtime and camper penalties, server option to spectate enemies, team deathmatch pickup notifications, ability to keybind any adrenaline combo, ability to deny any adrenaline combo on the server, extended team message parameters, novelty awards, general TAM, Freon, and TDM optimizations and fixes.

Public Test Server
ut2004://173.199.109.56:7777/

Download the files necessary for servers and redirects, standalone games or demo playback.

Visit the main project page for more information.

Last edited:

rdy2bz

May 10, 2009
Just discovered this now that you released beta#4

Please make sure that it works properly with El Muerte's ServQuery. So please increase the $sq_player[$i]['scored'] value if a player did the last frag. This is essential for me, otherwise I can't replace TAM.

What else to say? Can't wait for a release :)

rejecht

Attention Micronians
Jun 15, 2009
.no
sites.google.com
Just discovered this now that you released beta#4

Please make sure that it works properly with El Muerte's ServQuery. So please increase the $sq_player[$i]['scored'] value if a player did the last frag. This is essential for me, otherwise I can't replace TAM.

What else to say? Can't wait for a release :)

I'll have to check out what ServQuery does. :)

rejecht

Attention Micronians
Jun 15, 2009
.no
sites.google.com
Re 1.0 Beta #4D is now up.

https://sites.google.com/site/rejecht/re
Download link is under the Public Test Server section and in the first post.

Short:
- Country codes and country flags.
- Option to disable tracking damage indicators
- Team message parameters
- Added Cuddles Freon features
- Modified height radar
- Separate teammate radar

rejecht

Attention Micronians
Jun 15, 2009
.no
sites.google.com
So please increase the $sq_player[$i]['scored'] value if a player did the last frag.

I don't know the sq_player thing, but ReTAM follows the same scoring mechanism as 3SPN TAM and 3SPN Freon.

EndRound (PlayerReplicationInfo Focus)
1. Teams[Focus.Team.TeamIndex].Score += 1;
2. ScoreEvent (Focus, 0, "ObjectiveScore");
3. TeamScoreEvent (Focus.Team.TeamIndex, 1, "tdm_frag");
4. AwardCheck_FinalKill (Focus)

AwardCheck_FinalKill (PlayerReplicationInfo OtherPRI)
(Checks if player OtherPRI got the final kill, then..)
5. OtherPRI.GoalsScored += 1;

In 3SPN TAM, the function is called IncrementGoalsScored, but they both do the same here.

Last edited:

rdy2bz

May 10, 2009
Thanks for looking into my concern. I'm in charge of a LAN system and we have a big monitor hanging over the players heads that displays the current score. And like in CTF or Jailbreak the people who have actually scored make it to that scoreboard.

If by any chance Wormbo sees this, he can actually tell you the technical details about this because he implemented this feature into the latest Jailbreak release.

All I can do here is to describe where I look up that value:
what I do is sending up a simple server query like
Code:
\players\

The response from a 3SPN TAM game in the middle of a game (1v1 vs a bot therefore only one player is queried) is something like
Code:
\player_0\rdy2bz\ping_0\ 14\frags_0\6\team_0\0\deaths_0\3\character_0\JohnnyMagnum\scored_0\2\carries_0\False\lives_0\0\playtime_0\0\echo_reply\nothing\queryid\42.1\final\

The response from your latest reTAM beta 4D is this
Code:
\player_0\rdy2bz\ping_0\ 14\frags_0\18\team_0\0\deaths_0\6\character_0\JohnnyMagnum\scored_0\0\carries_0\False\lives_0\0\playtime_0\0\echo_reply\nothing\queryid\62.1\final\

The important part is the \scored_0\NN. This scored value needs to be increased for the player.
It seems that OtherPRI.GoalsScored is the not the variable that's returned in scored_i

Last edited:

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
The JB2004 modification you mentioned is part of the "Celebration Screen" add-on. Basically the add-on increments GoalsScored for the player who sent the last enemy to jail. That has two side effects:
  1. The game announces "Hat Trick" on third capture by the same person.
  2. ServerExt/ServQuery reports the GoalsScored value as \scored_x\ value.
Jailbreak uses IncrementGoalsScored(), which is the same function TAM/Freon calls in EndRound() or CTF/BR use in ScoreFlag()/ScoreBomb(). Since ReTAM also uses that function, I wonder if it somehow accidentally resets the value.

rejecht

Attention Micronians
Jun 15, 2009
.no
sites.google.com
Code:
protected function AwardCheck_FinalKill (PlayerReplicationInfo OtherPRI)
{
    if
    (
        (KillEventData.Context == KillEventContext_EnemyKill)
        &&
        (KillEventData.Killer != None) // The killer must be valid and is usually the Focus (but not always, as in the case of the other team fumbling).
        &&
        (KillEventData.Killer.PlayerReplicationInfo != None)
        &&
        (KillEventData.Killer.PlayerReplicationInfo == OtherPRI)
        &&
        [B][COLOR="Red"](RBTGKillEventData.SizeTeam_Start[OtherPRI.Team.TeamIndex] > 1)[/COLOR][/B] // Must be someone to compete with to get awarded the final kill.
    )
    {
        AwardGive_FinalKill (OtherPRI);

OtherPRI.GoalsScored += 1;

AwardCheck_FinalKillHatTrick (OtherPRI);
    }
}

protected function AwardCheck_FinalKillHatTrick (PlayerReplicationInfo OtherPRI)
{
    if (OtherPRI.GoalsScored == 3)
    {
        AwardGive_FinalKillHatTrick (OtherPRI);
    }
}

In short, it wouldn't increment bGoalsScored (scored_x) when you were alone on a team, but it will once I fix it.

Longer: At some point, I thought it was a good idea to require competition for getting the final kill, so I added a rule that would require more than one player on the team (at the start of the round anyway), before the final kill would trigger an award, but in the grand scheme of scoring the objective of the game (rounds), that's plain wrong.

Thank you for explaining. :)

rejecht

Attention Micronians
Jun 15, 2009
.no
sites.google.com
Re 1.0 Beta #4E is now up.

Download link is under the Public Test Server section on the site.

Short:
- HUD Team Info now shows nationality, player names, and numeric health of players. Spectators see a health bar indicator.
- BrightSkins now use bUnlit instead of AmbientGlow.
- Option to masquerade as a standard game type. The active game type is added in parentheses after the map name. The server will always show up under one specified game type.

rejecht

Attention Micronians
Jun 15, 2009
.no
sites.google.com
Re 1.0 Beta #4F is now up.

Short:
- Reduced amount of replicated team data (position and health status) by 50+% for players and 100% for spectators.
- The radar can be moved and sized using the commands MoveRadar 50 50 (centering it) and SizeRadar 1-100 (scaling factor).
- First Blood! only awarded once per match. Previously awarded each round. Added Preemptive Strike awarded each round.
- Frozen players can shatter into ice cubes at the end of a round when hit hard enough.
- Players can freely throw away their combos at the end of a round.
- Added hit sounds on weapon damage when frozen, thawing in lava, hit by mover, and dripping sound while thawing.
- ..and of course, hopefully errors fixed.

rdy2bz

May 10, 2009
Bug report for #4F

ReTAM does not seem to work with OLStats. ReTDM however works fine.

Description:
I use the latest OLStats (v3.01), set
Code:
[Engine.GameInfo]
GameStatsClass=OLStats.OLGameStats
and put
Code:
?GameStats=True
in the startup line. This causes the server to crash with the following error:
Code:
Critical: AFileLog::execLogf
Critical: (OLLocalGameStats DM-Deck17.OLLocalGameStats @ Function OLStats.OLLocalGameStats.Logf : 0071)
Critical: UObject::ProcessEvent
Critical: (ReTAM DM-Deck17.ReTAM, Function UnrealGame.TeamGame.PostBeginPlay)
Critical: BeginPlay
Critical: UGameEngine::LoadMap
Critical: LocalMapURL
Critical: UGameEngine::Browse
Critical: ServerTravel
Critical: UGameEngine::Tick
Critical: Level Deck 17
Critical: UpdateWorld
Critical: UServerCommandlet::Main
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Exit: Exiting.
This crash appears independent of any OLStats.ini settings. So I can disable anything inside OLStats, it still crashes.

The crash disappears if either the standard
Code:
GameStatsClass=IpDrv.MasterServerGameStats
and/or
Code:
?GameStats=False
is used.

If I play reTDM instead of reTAM then it does not crash even with OLStats enabled.

Technical detail: I use UT2Vote v6.1 and vote for reTAM with the following line
Code:
GameType=(GameName="ReTAM",HideVote=False,Clan=False,RequiredPlayers=2,MapLimits=0,ServerName="ReTAM",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="DM-Deck17",MapPrefix="DM",AltMapPrefix=,GameClass="Rev1b.ReTAM",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=10?TimeLimit=30?MinPlayers=2?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=False?WeaponStay=False?BalanceTeams=False?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=True?Tournament=0?GamePassword=?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0.00?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=True?NumBots=5?Difficulty=5?AirControl=0.35?bCustomGame=True")

rdy2bz

May 10, 2009
A few more comments about #4F:

- the accuracy counter seems to have a bug: I tested it with some bots on DM-Morpheus cause it's so easy so shock-pwn them there. I usually had accuracy>50%, but in the first and sometimes also in the second round a bot with usually acc~10% is shown. Only after some rounds it shows me with my correct accuracy. It seems that it always displays the best bot of my own team during the first rounds.

- I think the scoreboard would improve if you decreased the font size of the not so important stuff like the spectators or the settings that are shown at the bottom.

- the Ping and P/L-section on the top right is overlayed by UTcomp's map pic.

- Finally: I have UT2004 installed in two directories. I connect to the same local server with both. With one, on each hit the damage number is shown. On the other, it's not shown. A diff on the UT2004.ini files showed that they match in the Rev1b section, so I am clueless when the damage is shown. <- OK, I solved this. It's a user setting, so it's located in the User.ini

Last edited:

rejecht

Attention Micronians
Jun 15, 2009
.no
sites.google.com
Late reply. :p Picked up work on this a couple of months ago.

- the accuracy counter seems to have a bug:
I recall I fixed some bug there etc after release. The stat system was never meant to be super accurate, it seems. For example, firing a single rocket that hit many players (splash damage) would be registered as fired ONCE, but hit MULTIPLE times.. So Hits/Fired = Accuracy = 3/1 = 300% accuracy, clamped to 100% of course. So yeah, it's never been super accurate in 3SPN or here for that matter. I would maybe rather log/track WeaponDamageDone/AmmoUsed = Utilization or something.. How much ammo you can convert to damage, but maybe not now, no more new stuff I hope. :p

- I think the scoreboard would improve if you decreased the font size of the not so important stuff like the spectators or the settings that are shown at the bottom.

Made versus (off), spectators (on), game rules (off) optional, only showing the most basic stuff.

Not sure what you want me to do about it? You can turn off the ping/P/L. I think it fits there. Don't know where it should be placed to make UTComp happy and this mod.

What UTComp version is this btw? Download link?
I assume you can use a part of UTComp, because changing the pawns etc would break most of the game type.

BTW: This mod was supposed to block UTComp and a lot of stock mutators that don't make sense, but there was a dumb error there so it didn't..

OLStats crash. I don't do anything with gamestats. It might be a coincidence with using many mutators (strings that become too long get corrupted), or something OLStats assumes. Seems to happen on logging to a file?

Lines that are over 4096 character become corrupted in some contexts, and could possibly trigger a crash. Some discussion about possible crash causes:
https://forums.epicgames.com/threads/511713-Long-Command-line-and-crashes

rejecht

Attention Micronians
Jun 15, 2009
.no
sites.google.com
Re 1.0 Beta #4G is now up.

Note 1: The package name rev1b4g.u is unique and will always remain unique. No potential version mismatch! One redirect file to rule them all!

Note 2: The game types have been renamed from ReTAM/ReFreon/ReTDM to:
* Freon v2
* Team ArenaMaster v4 (TAMv4)
* Team DeathMatch v2 (TDMv2)

Short:
- Team Combos!
- Lightning Gun arced lightning tracking!
- Shock Rifle stolen shock combo tracking!
- Shock Rifle head shot tracking! Head Shot!!
- Shock Rifle stombo detector! Well, why not?
- Your glorious server name in all its color coded glory is now always shown above the scoreboard.
- No more awards zooming across the screen! Yaay!
- Players can request to log basic match statistics to a file!
- New color coded awards! Green is bad, m'kay?
- Auto screen shot and menu choice for auto demo recording option.
- Updated scoreboard and statistics with portraits.
- Option to allow Double Damage, Super Shield, Super Health, and Redeemer in TAM and Freon.
- Pickup notifications now also available in TAM and Freon.
- Lots of minor cleanups and fixes.

Median12

Mapper
Sep 18, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
Whats "damage indicators"?

Jailbreak was cool until you died..

I re-wrote UT2k4 Spec-Ops a few yrs ago but cannot release my version coz it's someone elses unfortunately. It had bugs.

I emailed the owner and nothing back..... I'm not sure if I register them on a ReadME that would be okay*

rejecht

Attention Micronians
Jun 15, 2009
.no
sites.google.com

The User.ini PlayerSettings section has values for you to reposition the ping and packet loss values, however, the 4G version blocks UTComp, as they are not compatible.

Whats "damage indicators"?
The visual elements on the HUD that show when you take damage and from what direction. In UT2004, these are drawn in the far corners of the screen. I only added a centered version using the same information.

Jailbreak was cool until you died..
Most things in games are cool until you die. :]

I re-wrote UT2k4 Spec-Ops a few yrs ago but cannot release my version coz it's someone elses unfortunately. It had bugs.
Bugs are part of the process when you not only remake something, but learn how to do it in the process.

I emailed the owner and nothing back..... I'm not sure if I register them on a ReadME that would be okay*
If it means you helped keep the game type alive, then why not? Edit: I don't know what Spec-Ops is anyway. :p

A guy from the 3SPN Team, (sorry, I don't remember if it was local resident AEnubis or Enigmabyte), chimed in during development of the 4SPN mod along with the author of OLTeams. There was no immediate conflict registered about it at the time. The 4SPN mod combined 3SPNv3141 with OLTeams (4-teams).

Last edited:

rejecht

Attention Micronians
Jun 15, 2009
.no
sites.google.com
But it's not as bad as in TAM, where you can only spectate. In Jailbreak you can also spectate your teammates if you're bored in jail. But optionally you can goof around, because you are actually still alive, just locked away.
I can't really change much in TAM due to the community being accustomed to it for 10+ years. :p

The spectating part is why many servers use a resurrection combo, so it's become part of the game play, but it's random who gets brought back in.

I toyed around with letting frozen players in Freon being able to move around just by jumping, though with a heavier mass, but it would probably be too limiting, and players couldn't view others as they were used to.