Complete Jailbreak Package

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

skeleton_keys

aka Banquo
Dec 12, 2002
London UK
Visit site
Over the last few weeks I have had to install Jailbreak a fair few times on different machines, so I wondered how hard it would be to make a complete install for the Jailbreak mothership using one umod that could be installed over a copy of UT which had the 436 patch and the official bonus packs.
ie a full mothership pack.

Firstly, I will wait until the new map pack is out to do this.

Secondly, has anyone already done this. It would be a bit redundant duplicating something that has already been done.

Thirdly,I have looked at two packages to do this.

The first called Umod Wizard appears to require each file to be added individually (not a pleasant exercise given the amount of files)

I also found another tool called UMOD Tool 2.0 which I am having a hard time fathoming out how to use it to create a UMOD and it also looks like I may have to select all files individually, though I could be wrong on that.

Does anyone have any advice on the best package to use and how best to use them?
Could there be any unforeseen conflicts by having everything in the one package?

Fourthly, what maps/packages should I add. I have a list already which I will post later if relevant ( I am at work now and its on my home laptop)

And finally, do you guys think it would be worth doing this. If I end up doing it just for my personal use I could just unzip the files and pop an updated manifest.ini into my UT folder. But it would be nice if anyone new came along and had the option of getting the whole package in one download if they had the bandwidth.

Comments and advice very welcome

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
I go for it. Thing is, it had to be updated until very last UTJB content...

Sexmachine

- retired -
Feb 5, 2002
Germany
www.planetjailbreak.com
Don't go for it Nahand as releasing packages for Jailbreak needs to be discussed with the team first ... (thanks for your kind offer anyways).

If there is some sort of a "popular demand" for this and the team feels comfortable with that, I'll do it right after the CMP#4 is out. I have had a similar thought a long time ago and Mych was kind enough to send me all necessary scripts way back in time. There is however another thing I am still hoping for and that is a final updated, bugfixed, multi-language PLATINUM version of Jailbreak III itself (don't get me wrong as I have said hoping ... not sure if that's ever going to happen) - now that would be a good time for a FULL package with all JB content available, wouldn't it? :)

Last edited:

skeleton_keys

aka Banquo
Dec 12, 2002
London UK
Visit site
Ok Looks like you have it covereed Sex.

I thought someone might have had something in mind and my post was to find out if it was wanted and also if it had would have the blessing of the team.

Let me know if you need a hand at any point though :)

CoolDude

Feb 22, 2003
Netherlands
Visit site
I just took all UMODS from the lockdown page.
I put numbers 01 until xx in front of the filenames, made a separate map for the epic bonuspacks and 436patch and put all that on a CD. You still have to install every UMOD seperately, but at least you've got everything at hand.

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
Sexmachine said:
Don't go for it Nahand as releasing packages for Jailbreak needs to be discussed with the team first ... (thanks for your kind offer anyways).

If there is some sort of a "popular demand" for this and the team feels comfortable with that, I'll do it right after the CMP#4 is out. I have had a similar thought a long time ago and Mych was kind enough to send me all necessary scripts way back in time. There is however another thing I am still hoping for and that is a final updated, bugfixed, multi-language PLATINUM version of Jailbreak III itself (don't get me wrong as I have said hoping ... not sure if that's ever going to happen) - now that would be a good time for a FULL package with all JB content available, wouldn't it? :)

Ok, ok... i was just giving my opinion, and with that, saying that if done, it would have to be updated each new content release = some trouble. I didn't, by all means, meant to pass over the ACTUAL development team of UTJB. :D I'm just a fan...