UE3 - General Beta Reader needed

• Thread starter m13globularcluster
  • Start date
  • Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

m13globularcluster

Hello,

Just came back from Dragon Con. A lot of people suggested that new writers use Advanced Marketing to build an audience. They also mentioned that I'd need a Beta Reader.

A Beta Reader would read chapters as I produce them. Part of the idea here is that the reader will get into it, and bug me for more chapters. Hence, instead of cranking up a game, I'd crank up Google Docs and get to work. Hence, finish the book!

Well, the lack of fleshed out back story drove me to the point to where I'm writing a book based on the Unreal world. Yeah, there is some detail in the game openers. But, look at what Smallville did for Superman! That's the level of detail I'm after here. I know I can't call it Unreal, and don't plan on getting on Epic's bad side. So I will change the names enough to make it unique. And of course, I'll write it in a way so everything is interchangeable with the real deal, (just in case.) ;-)

What do you, as a Beta Reader, get out of it? Well, you put it on your resume, and it's valuable experience. (and suppose say the book gets picked up, guess who gets credit for helping?)

If for some reason Unreal stories exist, and I have somehow missed them, then consider this a reboot of the universe, similar to how DC is doing a reboot.

Let me know if you are interested by sending me a list of accomplishments, education, and interests. And tell me about yourself, interests, books TV, films, etc...(Duh, or a resume! LOL).

Thanks for your time,

Tony C

PS - Please keep in mind I am not looking for a developmental editor or a copy editor here. Grammar correction is cool, as I'm not perfect. So please don't agree to help and then barrage me with your ideas. That's not what a Beta Reader does.

Of course if you work for Epic Development...that's a whole different ball of wax.

Status
Not open for further replies.