FragBU Special: Friday September 4th - Monday September 7th, plus Jailbreak

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
It's not really the "giant room" that makes it bad, though. The idea is okay but the map is just not good.

Nereid

・ ω ・
Apr 15, 2003
Vancouver
So is it
FragBU: Friday September 4th, Saturday September 5th, Sunday September 6th​
or is it
FragBU: Friday September 4th, Saturday September 5th, Monday September 7th​
?

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
I was undecided and left it open to interpretation. :D

Edit:

I set it for four days so FragBU is extended until Monday. D:

Last edited:

Nereid

・ ω ・
Apr 15, 2003
Vancouver
Also I'll likely play tonight. :0

I was impressed with the attendance yesterday. Make sure you get CBP3v4 and HOLP3v1 on the server for next week. D:

Or maybe even Monday, since Sunday is off.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
The birthday map has some creative ideas, but it suffers from really low fps and a severe lack of cover and z-axis unless you take the time to climb all over the boxes which isn't worth it if you don't force the translocator. Don't hate on it too much, I mean its pretty obvious a good deal of work went into it, it just didn't pan out.

We do have one other giant size map, though it's a remake of a UT99 classic and it's got a more complex layout. :)

Last edited:

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
I was impressed with the attendance yesterday. Make sure you get CBP3v4 and HOLP3v1 on the server for next week. D:

Jailbreak brings all the boys to the 'yard.

Unfortunately can't play tonight. Stupid me decided to see if Daniel_K's latest Creative driver pack fixed UT3's crashing of my computer with his last pack. It did not and UT3 once again can no longer find UT3.exe for some stupid reason (does Win7 block access to apps if they cause two BSODs in a row?), which is what happened last time. So now I wait for Steam to finish downloading in hopes it's something stupid like OpenAL causing the problem.

EDIT: Problem fixed. Crash corrupted the UTEngine.ini file in My Documents. Delete, run UT, works fine even with OpenAL enabled.

Last edited:

Fuzz

Enigma
Jan 19, 2008
Universe
I logged in, but none were there at the moment.

Say, is this server online all the time or just on weekends?

What kind of machine is running this and what kind of connection does it have to the internet?

Last edited:

Alhanalem

Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
it seems to be running all the time (but i could be wrong). and as far as servers go, it seems like quite a nice one. My ping there is great personally, so it must be east coast US.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
For some reason I'm getting a package mismatch on JailbreakUI. This is after installing JB via the Windows installer, and then letting the server push JailbreakUI onto my system.

I'll try uninstalling JB and re-installing it, but this is really weird considering there's only one version that I'm aware of.

Alhanalem

Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
did you try deleting JailbreakUI? (I assume that's how you got it to serve the file)

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I didn't change my installation and it still made me download JailbreakUI.