Official BeyondUnreal Folding@Home Team

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

koop

Jan 30, 2008
hey im really a nub at this but i have a PS3 which i use to F@H every few days.

how do i join the team through my playstation?

Majik

blargh
Jun 24, 2004
Denmark
hey im really a nub at this but i have a PS3 which i use to F@H every few days.

how do i join the team through my playstation?

Bring up the options menu (triangle), select "Identity" and then "Join an Existing Team" and input 98618.

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
I joined up!

Its kind of a confusing program. I cant do anything other than enter my name and team number. Everything else has been grayed out on my mac. I don't see the point of the protein 3d demo. How do I find my folding stats?

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
Excellent!

I have installed it on a few machines already. (PC and Mac) So far I like the feel of InCrease 2.4 the best. I love being able to have a pause button.

I still have yet to finish with one WU's. I hear that the first task takes a while. It could be a few days.

Tomorrow I will have a few more macs running it. I'm setting up a maya rendering farm at work. I may as well stress test the machines in the mean time.

Wish me luck :)

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
It took a few days but I finally got some WU's in. After seeing how long it takes a G5 1.8ghz to finish up with one WU, I think I will opt out on the idea of setting any of the G4's. All Macs are holding strong.

Whats your set up ZenPirate?

ZenPirate

Living Legend (and moderator)
Nov 21, 2000
New York
Well, I've been a bit bad lately... central air electricity takes preference over folding ;)
I run on a Playstation 3, and I run big work units on my overlcoked Vista box (1.8 core 2 duo @ 3.0ghz)

I ran on my Macbook Pro, but the machine is with moving around too much to be worth leaving it plugging away 24-7

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
I hear ya, Staying cool in the summer is indeed a preference that we share.

I'm curious how well the PS3 runs. Does it handle the heat well? Do you keep it running 24/7?

It looks like our team is quickly making its way up the ranks. :)

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
...I run big work units on my overlcoked Vista box (1.8 core 2 duo @ 3.0ghz)

How do you choose what kind of work units you are processing? It seems like the first WU I processed on all of the machines where huge 1700 pointers, however lately they just seem to be little 200-300 pointers.

ZenPirate

Living Legend (and moderator)
Nov 21, 2000
New York
Mike's getting some high point units. Better watch out though, I'm powering through with the new nvidia GPU beta client..which are a PITA to get going... I'm pushing a work unit about every hour, but they're low point units. Still a much higher ppd than the PS3 client.

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
Nice! You may just catch up with me soon.
I've got a quad core 3ghz mac pro running at 118pph. The other 2 machines are running at 54pph. I shut down all of the G5 macs because they where way too slow. It took them 3 days to do what takes the iMacs 13 hours to finish a work load.

Just for kicks, I ran 9 machines (17 CPU's) last week end and that's basically why my points jumped up by 20k. I wont be doing that again any time soon though. It was just a stress test for the rendering machines.