Watching Demos in UT2007

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

KNT

{KNT}
Jul 29, 2005
Stgo
usuarios.vtr.net
I think that could be great that in UT2004 we can watch a demos in a multiplayer session, with a teammate or another players so there we can comment about it in real time(online) in the chat or with mic. Maybe it's not to dificult to made that...:rolleyes:

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
More importantly the demo system needs to be not so sh*tty. I'm tired of recording screwed up demos and I'm tired of hunting around the Internets to find all the packages required by them. rK's Demowatcher is a great idea. Most/all of the packages needed for demos are kept on a central server and all you have to do is click the demo to download the necessary things and watch it.

As far as the original idea, all you need to do is get on Teamspeak and start watching the demo at the same time as the other person/people.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
What if there were screens in the level, where you could follow matches taking place on other (nearby??) servers, for example. You could select the gametype you want etc..

Or maybe, maybe ... you know what happened when you disconnected from a server in Unreal? You had that prison map. Well, instead of a small, boring prison cell, you'd have a large room (NO BOX).

There would be screens on the wall, for each gametype. (Or maybe 1 and you can select the gametype.

You could enter a server url, and follow the game before connecting (just to check out if there are llamas, but heck it could work the other way around there's always risks ;p..)

Maybe there should be a way to request the files you'd need to download.
Get them listed. If they're necessary downloads. You could confirm, or disagree etc...
And connect afterwards.

Wowbagger

Curing the infection...
May 20, 2000
Sweden
Visit site
Glad im not the only one that would like that Neonite :)
Checkout this thread, http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=159950

"Epic could use some of the bigger screens and terminals ingame to "broadcast" the news we see now when we hit the Join tab in UT2004, New patches, Mods and BonusPacks.
Others could show UTV announcements."

Im working on an update atm since i made some concepts for it during the summer.