UT PS2 Character Pack v1.0

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Btw, Dominator is totally wrongly positioned in (In selection menu) and when you click on Face it shows his ass instead. :lol:

But great job on this, I am already using the Skaarj models.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Btw, Dominator is totally wrongly positioned in (In selection menu) and when you click on Face it shows his ass instead. :lol:

But great job on this, I am already using the Skaarj models.

It's because he's larger and he's supposed to use an unique taunt anim in the window. Check the other Skaarj Hybrids and you know what I'm talking about. It's the usual bug of skeletal characters not playing their animations correctly in the character/bot window.

DarkBarrage99

Jun 19, 2010
east coast
I'm having an issue where if i try to load a ps2 model as a player model or in the bot roster my ut crashes. I think it's failing to recognize the advanced model support stuff because none of it is showing up in my options, which showed up the first time.

Code:
Critical: appError called:
Critical: Ran out of virtual memory. To prevent this condition, you must free up more space on your primary hard disk.
Critical: Windows GetLastError: The parameter is incorrect. (87)
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Exit: Executing UWindowsClient::ShutdownAfterError
Exit: UGalaxyAudioSubsystem::ShutdownAfterError
Exit: UD3DRenderDevice::ShutdownAfterError
Critical: FMallocWindows::Malloc
Critical: FMallocWindows::Realloc
Critical: 00000000 -1951333728 FArray
Critical: FArray::Realloc
Critical: 829825108*8
Critical: FUnrealfileSummary<<
Critical: LoadSummary
Critical: ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad
Critical: UObject::GetPackageLinker
Critical: ULinkerLoad::VerifyImport
Critical: ValidateImports
Critical: ULinkerLoad::Verify
Critical: ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad
Critical: UObject::GetPackageLinker
Critical: UObject::StaticLoadObject
Critical: (Core.Class UTPS2Characters.DamienPS2M NULL)
Critical: UObject::ProcessEvent
Critical: (UTConsole Transient.UTConsole0, Function UTMenu.UTConsole.UWindow.KeyEvent)
Critical: UEngine::InputEvent
Critical: UWindowsViewport::CauseInputEvent
Critical: UWindowsViewport::UpdateInput
Critical: UViewport::ReadInput
Critical: AActor::Tick
Critical: TickAllActors
Critical: ULevel::Tick
Critical: (NetMode=0)
Critical: TickLevel
Critical: UGameEngine::Tick
Critical: UpdateWorld
Critical: MainLoop
Exit: Exiting.
Uninitialized: Name subsystem shut down
Uninitialized: Log file closed, 06/01/11 04:39:24

Edit: after much screwing around I came to find out that i was right, however after installing everything correctly about 12 times, it finally registered and the model's are on the classes list in game, however the actual models, skins faces etc are not and when playing are forcing to default model. I imagine this problem may just be me however I don't understand why it wouldn't be working properly by now, everything is installed properly.

Last edited:

AlCapowned

Jan 20, 2010
Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Aw, crap. I did all of my testing with Oldskool, so I never noticed that. :B

I'm having an issue where if i try to load a ps2 model as a player model or in the bot roster my ut crashes. I think it's failing to recognize the advanced model support stuff because none of it is showing up in my options, which showed up the first time.

Do you also have the 436 patch and Bonus Packs 2 and 4? I had a similar problem with a different group of models a long time ago, and I was missing the last bonus pack. Sorry if this doesn't help, it's the only thing I can think of. :hmm:

Edit: It has been mentioned to me that the Skaarj float above the ground. I fixed that, and I'm probably going to release the update soon.

Last edited:

DarkBarrage99

Jun 19, 2010
east coast
Do you also have the 436 patch and Bonus Packs 2 and 4? I had a similar problem with a different group of models a long time ago, and I was missing the last bonus pack. Sorry if this doesn't help, it's the only thing I can think of. :hmm:

I have GOTYE, so according to what I understand I don't need bp2, and I have bp4. i think I'm just having issues with ut's general touchyness with installing mods. :/

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Btw the ISV male skins, they have the ISV sign mirrored for some reason.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
So it was that way originally? Ok then, could have been fixed by just flipping it though.

Anyway the skaarj boss collision was different then? I can't fit at all areas at dmpeak with it for example, have to choose alternate route. The characters at UT always had same collision.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
The female one too? I would swear I saw it at some PS2 screenshots, not the male one though.

DarkBarrage99

Jun 19, 2010
east coast
I tried to install the updated version you released yesterday, still not workin for me. know a way that I can test to see how it's not showin up?

DarkBarrage99

Jun 19, 2010
east coast
Your UnrealTournament.log file might have some useful information.

Code:
Warning: Failed to load 'SkeletalCharsFix313': Can't find file for package 'SkeletalCharsFix313'
Warning: Failed to load 'UTPS2Characters': Can't find file for package 'SkeletalCharsFix313'
Warning: Failed to load 'Class UTPS2Characters.DominatorVoice': Can't find file for package 'SkeletalCharsFix313'
^what I found when searching for "ps2"^
I ended up trying to use the voicepack with a bot.

that's the closest thing to an error that has come up.

AlCapowned

Jan 20, 2010
I think that must be your problem. I'm so confused; I got rid of any references to SkeletalChars313Fix in the code, and yet it's still a requirement? I'm checking every class again, and I still can't find anything.

Talk about a bad release on my part. :shake:

DarkBarrage99

Jun 19, 2010
east coast
yup, that fixed it! thanks medor!!!

awesome work so far, al and thank you very much :] total blast from the past. the ps2 UT was my first real fps experience before i had a pc and Its very nostalgic.

two questions for you, will there be bot support so I can shoot your added models (unless I'm just experiencing another problem), and also, are you going to include the war machine's ps2 skins for the warboss model? those are the ones that I've been most excited for.