madmoves ut2003/4

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

soldat

resident potato
Oct 28, 2002
the corner pocket
Visit site
so i finally got my hands on ut2003 character skeletons... and i been trying my hand at animating them

i'm planning to do a matrix-moves style mute - but the moves won't be very hard to pull off.

basically, if you're jumping forward and push the action key you'll do a forward dive, backwards you'll do some backward shooting move, and etcetera - all it takes is pusing the button. and while you are pulling off any of the moves, your ROF increases kinda like through the berserk combo.

the ultimate goal of this is to learn enough to make a katana/swordfighting mod. i'm not aware of any "moves" mods for 2k3 out right now... if you guys do know of any let me know. but the moves mutator's not terribly important, as i said, that's not my final goal.

Attachments

• Shot00009.jpg
    Shot00009.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 75
  • Shot00010.jpg
    Shot00010.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 57
  • Shot00011.jpg
    Shot00011.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 52
  • Shot00012.jpg
    Shot00012.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 49

Postal

I apear to have lost my pin.
Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
Interesting. There is wallrunning, airdodge, and all sorts of stuff out there. My personal fav was one that let you double jump with out begin at the zenith of the jump.

Kangus

Zombie on your pwn!
Jan 29, 2001
Illinois, USA
www.planetunreal.com
there is a "moves" mod for 2k3 called Apoc Matrix Moves, which mearged with Monkey Matrix into one nice combo (though not as nice as old skool Lazy Matrix + Matrix Moves for UT'99)... not to worry though, as that one lacks truly cool stuf like dives & rolls.

RegularX

Master of Dagoth Lies
Feb 2, 2000
Chicago, IL
how does it look first person? basically like the current dodge stuff or does your eyeheight alter w/ the pawn?

soldat

resident potato
Oct 28, 2002
the corner pocket
Visit site
at the moment, there's no code for that. in fact the only code i have is playing the animations.

i was thinking maybe to send the camera into 3rd person view whenever you pull off a move (otherwise, you don't get much of a chance to see the moves in action).

hm... i'm finding its pretty hard to have animations that encompass all range of species.... i suppose they removed the juggs in 2k4, so everyone is (relatively) thin... might be easier, otherwise i'll have to make more than one set of anims.

EvilDrWong

Every line of code elevates you
Jun 16, 2001
Inside the machine
Visit site
soldat said:
i suppose they removed the juggs in 2k4, so everyone is (relatively) thin...
uh... what? Theyre still in. So are the Gen Mo'Kai, which you might notice have really funky animation issues with their legs when you use the default MercMale skeleton to make your animations with. Most of the chicks stretch out really oddly too :p

soldat

resident potato
Oct 28, 2002
the corner pocket
Visit site
oh. silly me, basing judgments on the demo. i guess that means i'll have to do multiple animation sets. that'll be painful. well i'll see what else i can do, i should have 2k4 in my grubby hands in a few days. maybe a move where you can strangle someone from behind.

soldat

resident potato
Oct 28, 2002
the corner pocket
Visit site
status update: midterms =P

i've got animations, and they're looking alright... making the physics look/work right is very hacky right now (a lot of sleep calls)

i'll try and put some screens up by this weekend.