Beating the summer heat Japanese style.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
moron_paid_1_SL350_V169963630_png.jpg~original

The anime butthole?

HugoMarques

☆☆☆☆☆
Dec 14, 2010
Portugal
Everyone else did.

lol indeed.

I didn't and I won't. And even if what that anime girl is drinking in post #1 was actual piss, I'd taste that before reading this whole thread, and any other political / religious carged threads in this forum.

All you keyboard warriors are way over your heads. Anyone entering a gaming forum expects discussions about how bullshitty contemporary practices of gaming publishers are, like yearly reashes, DLC, pre-order exclusives and how to fight this; not this crap.
Nowhere else but BUF does one see a light humor thread turn into a feminist shit-fest filled with personal attacks.

lol noted.

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
STOP HAVING ADULT DISCUSSION, PEOPLE!

GAMING TALK ONLY!

:rolleyes:

If you don't like what is being discussed on a "gaming forum", stay out of Off Topic. Stop telling people what they should or should not talk about. If it was out of line, I'm sure the admins and moderators would say so.

[edit] Just to note, I'm sorry for sounding like a dick, Hugo, but I hate when people think they're the topic police.

Last edited:

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
Nowhere else but BUF does one see a light humor thread turn into a feminist shit-fest filled with personal attacks.
I guess my glass is half-full then because I see a markedly higher than normal intellect here, even acknowledging the k-razy posts peppered about. There's a lot of BS but there's also a LOT of smart people scattered into many job fields and cultures. Off-topic has hosted some really good discussions over the years that wouldn't happen many other places. People who post here for a time tend to be pretty damn bright, even when they stridently try to appear otherwise. There's a pop-culture pulse in BUF that doesn't get enough credit, we may be 'gamer nerds' but the opinions expressed here are considered and defended.

I appreciate the time someone takes to argue a position that's opposite mine. That always beats yelling into an echo chamber.

HugoMarques

☆☆☆☆☆
Dec 14, 2010
Portugal
I should have rephrased that post because it did not convey the message I originally wanted it to.

I don't despise all Off Topic discussions on this forum. It's why I joined in the first place. There's this one of a kind humor in here that I can't find anywhere else. It's just that some of you guys blow things out of proportion and start ridiculous discussions out of the most innocuous stuff, it just makes me cringe.
I bet if I can't start a thread about the recent plane abduction/takedown/disappearance craziness without it turning into a religious shitstorm filled with wall-texts and personal attacks.
Meanwhile the Gaming section, apart from the occasional UT1 Nali Weapons screenshot, is dead in the water. C'mon, guys...

But yeah, who am I to come here and dictate what you guys should or should not post.
Well, at least I'm not making creepy profiles on my personal forum. Not yet, anyway.

Carbon

Altiloquent bloviator.
Mar 23, 2013
It is of no significance what any of us 'think' about the off-topic topics of conversation. Freedom goes both ways; mine to engage in what interests me, yours to not. The right we do not have however, is to attempt to stop a conversation that is breaking no local rules.

That Hugo didn’t even read the thread (by their own admission: "...And even if what that anime girl is drinking in post #1 was actual piss, I'd taste that before reading this whole thread") speaks volumes; people just speak out, even if they are horribly uninformed or completely ignorant of what has been said. Nobody takes people to task for their objections: why would someone so strongly object to other people discussion something? The world must really make these types angry, what with everyone around them just talking about anything they want. Or perhaps it is a sense of ownership? Well, BUF ain’t ours boys and thankfully the owners and mods have a more balanced view on freedom of expression.

Now, one can disclaimer themselves after the fact all they like, but attempting to halt such a conversation based on their 'thinking' (very loosely used, irony implicit) is the only action which is provably wrong. If you want such power, open your own forum and be the autocrat.

If you look at the objections to this thread, you won't find one that has any sensible rationale behind it. People generally are long on opinion and short on facts and don't like to be taken to task for what they claim to believe.

This thread was great and a big thanks to everyone who actually contributed. Of course, I hope there are no residuals; gopostal, AlCapowned and Teridax are people in the community that I truly admire and respect.

leilei

ANIME ELF'S !!
Jan 20, 2008
berneydidnotread.gif

YOU FAIL AT ACKNOWLEDIGNG PARAGRAPHS OF ARGUMENT WITH MORE PARAGRAPHS OF ARGUMENT THEREFORE YOUR LIFE IS NOTHING OF VALUE GTFO THIS CLIQUE!!!!!

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
wait a minute. was that aimed at yourself?

Are you declaring that you didn't read anything, or insinuating that others didn't?

Your choice of communication confuses me, like a monkey that refuses to accept a banana.
(as they usually do, to avoid being caged away from those that will accept the banana).

who accepts that banana?

Last edited: