UDK Jungle Environment

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

minifloppy

Jan 14, 2009
Hi all, I've finally finished the Jungle Environment I was working on.

Video: Vimeo - Youtube

You can also download it if you don't like streaming videos :p.

Screenshots

You can see the rest of the set on Flickr.
Edit: as requested I've put together a collection of hi-res screenshots to be used as wallpapers.

Download: Beta 1

If no errors will be found this will become the final version. Right now the installation has been tested on two computers and all went smooth. Please read the readme.txt file included in the archive before playing the map.

Hope you like it, comments & criticism are welcome! :)

Last edited:

[VaLkyR]Anubis

Foregone Destruction
Jan 20, 2008
Gaia
www.youtube.com
Holy Moly, mate!!! Stunning graphics and what a beautiful environment! This is just magical! I love you and your work, mate! Badass like hell, especially because of the fact, that this world looks so real! I added the video to my faves at YouTube and I downloaded the video! I just love it! Keep it up and I can't wait for the download! :)

By the way, is there any chance to get screenshots with a higher resolution, for using them as wallpapers? If yes, I want one! :D

I can't criticize anything about this world, because I'm so damn impressed! The only thing, I like to know is, what system did you use to run and render this environment? Just curious! :)

minifloppy

Jan 14, 2009
[VaLkyR]Anubis;2513954 said:
Holy Moly, mate!!! Stunning graphics and what a beautiful environment! This is just magical! I love you and your work, mate! Badass like hell, especially because of the fact, that this world looks so real! I added the video to my faves at YouTube and I downloaded the video! I just love it! Keep it up and I can't wait for the download! :)

Wow thank you mate! I'm really glad you liked it! :)

By the way, is there any chance to get screenshots with a higher resolution, for using them as wallpapers? If yes, I want one! :D

Yep, you can download the full resolution screenshots from here. I worked a little bit on them and also added the UDK logo (I think it is required by the UDK license). Let me know if you like them!

I can't criticize anything about this world, because I'm so damn impressed! The only thing, I like to know is, what system did you use to run and render this environment? Just curious! :)

I've done all the development and rendering on a Core i7 920 @ 3.5Ghz, 6 GB RAM, Raden HD 4890.

HedgeMaster

May 3, 2009
Unreal turned real! Overall effect is impressive.
Of course there are still some polygons and sharp shadows, but it's about level of details and engine capability, not sense of realism.

minifloppy

Jan 14, 2009
wow that look focking good
2 thumbs up

Unreal turned real! Overall effect is impressive.
Of course there are still some polygons and sharp shadows, but it's about level of details and engine capability, not sense of realism.

Yep, the environment could have used some more polishing here and there, but after 4 months spent on the same piece I felt the need to move forward :D

you did that during your free time ? impressive ! :eek:

are you a professional level designer/artist IRL or what ?

Well no, I'm a web developer, but since UT came out I've been messing around with the editor building maps and in the last few years I also started to learn modeling and texturing as a hobby to be able to create my own environments from scratch.

SWAO

Jul 7, 2013
my i please use the map in a tactical shooter about star wars that im working on in UDK will give you credit
and how do i combine this with my project
thanks in advance

Last edited: